Discussion: Trump Defends Congratulating Putin: 'Getting Along ... Is A Good Thing'

Shorter Putin’s Bitch: You don’t think I’m going to bite the hand that feeds me, do you?

4 Likes

Nothing to do with Trump/Putin, but it just tickles my fancy.

14 Likes

Sanders said, when asked about the Russian elections "We don’t get to dictate how other countries operate. "

The why did HR McMaster and Steve Mnuchin not merely criticize Venezuela for its “sham election”, it imposed sanctions? (July 31, 2017)

16 Likes

Sheesh what do you think we are? Some sort of super … country?

8 Likes

“Getting along is a good thing”? How would you know?

btw “getting along” is what you try to do with your in-laws, Trumpie. Well, what others try to do with theirs.

4 Likes

I suspect the public will be told just enough to allow us to understand why certain actions were taken. But the damage to our political underpinnings, our intelligence community, and national interests has been profound and will take years, if not decades, to fix. So I suspect you’re right. We won’t know the true extent of Trump’s monstrosity and the damage he’s done for decades, if ever.

9 Likes

Agreed. Getting along is a good thing, so why don’t you try getting along with, I dunno, actual Americans? With anyone not named Vladimir Putin? If you believe it to be such a good thing, why does it only apply to one person?

19 Likes

Apparently, they only get to dictate how we operate. I wanted to tear my hair out with the obtuseness of that answer.

8 Likes

Trump is just afraid Novichok is something he’s going to have to eat on his next dinner with Putin, rather than shoe leather steak with ketchup. Funny thing is, he might be right.

1 Like

Surly Slanders is a peach

3 Likes

Of course this getting along thing seems to only apply to Russia.

6 Likes

With apologies to “Damn Yankees”…

What ever Putin wants,
Putin gets
And little Trump man: Putin has you.

Make up your mind to have:
No regrets.
Reline yourself.
Resign yourself.
You’re through.

Vlad always get what he aims for
And your heart and soul is what he came for

What ever Putin wants,
Putin gets.
Be a good little turncoat -
Don’t you know you can’t win!

You’re no exception to the rule
Vlad’s irresistible, you fool
Give in.
You’ll never win.

What ever Putin wants,
Putin gets
And little Trump man: Putin owns you

5 Likes

Speaking of dumb shit white guys do, not that us white guys really need to see these statistics as we hear what white guys say when only white guys are around. Really interesting from that article;
“A white man is three times more likely to shoot himself than a black man—while the chances that a white man will be killed by a black man are extremely slight.” And no surprise to any white man that the more racist a white guy is the more likely he’ll have a gun.

Yesterday evening I was riding back from a customer’s facility in a white male co-workers car and some how it came up about having to defend ourselves and he said I’ll grab the 45 you take the 9mm from the center console and we’ll take them out. Just astounding to think that a guy feels the need to pack two guns in his car to defend himself just in case. WTF is he so scared of. Granted he’s recently had his knee worked on and in a brace that limits that leg’s movement, but he’s a late 40s former college linebacker that’s probably 6’5" 290 lbs white guy and not really that overweight. Just astounding he feels the need to carry not one but 2 firearms.

4 Likes

just an FYI, but when Rachel Maddow suggested to the reporter who broke the story about the “DON’T CONGRATULATE” memo, the reporter emphasized that in the wake of the phone call, there was “quite a kerfluffle” about what the While House should say about the call.

Which means that not only the national security staff knew about the memo, but its highly likely that the communications office, and who knows how many other “insiders” knew about the warning.

9 Likes

The country asks why: It’s a brother in arms thingy.
You could put trump in that chair, change a few words and there ya go.
Oh and the date to 2018

4 Likes
2 Likes

Unless you are selling us all, and the country down the river. . . .which it appears is precisely what you are doing.

Trump is working hard to prove that he is treasonous scum.

2 Likes

He knows what “excoriate” means??
This was bigly written by someone else.

7 Likes

“the coming Arms Race”

Be very VERY afraid.

Anyone got an explanation of what he even means by that other than he wants to spend oodles of money buying defense contractor loyalty and building new toys he hopes to play with?

7 Likes

Oh li’l Donnie… there is a difference between getting along and getting played. You are getting played, either knowingly because the Russians have dirt on you, or unknowingly because you are a fool. You fancy yourself Putin’s equal, but he is laughing at you. Manipulating you. He thinks you are pathetic. And every time you lick Putin’s boots, the security of the United States, and our standing in the world, drops just a little bit.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available