Discussion: Trump Defends Congratulating Putin: 'Getting Along ... Is A Good Thing'

Disney may want to redo the Trump animatronic. This is getting to be too much of a classic to over look in the Hall of Presidents.

3 Likes

Trump is Neville Chamberlain. Only much dumber and uglier.

I notice they have been tossing that around lately. All theater.

1 Like

Getting along with ā€¦ everyone?
Or especially with Putin?

Drumpfā€™s efforts with our traditional allies have been less than salutory, so Iā€™ve got to go with Putin.

3 Likes

A self - indulgent chicken - shit.

4 Likes

ā€œā€¦the coming Arms Raceā€

Sometime in the last week, Drumpf said he had to meet with Putin to discuss ā€œthe arms race.ā€ I was, like, what is this, '68?
Now I know ā€“ itā€™s one that hasnā€™t arrived yet.
Now, the open question is whether heā€™s meeting with Putin to prevent it or to plan it. Since DT went with ā€˜coming,ā€™ Iā€™ll go with plan it.

2 Likes

Assuming the guy you are "getting along " with isnā€™t a cold blooded murderer of anyone who speaks out. And Putin doesnā€™t care who knows.

Thereā€™s waaaaay too much admiration by trump of Putin for this to be just normal. trump never speaks out against Russia or the dictator who is in power there. In fact he more than admires him trump kowtows to him like master to pupal. And what is really disturbing is that republicans donā€™t care that this is reality. They donā€™t care that Russia owns trump. They donā€™t care that we are being sold out.

4 Likes

But Trump doesnā€™t read the PDB, he has somebody else paraphrase it to him, so the ALL CAPS wouldnā€™t have come through unless the reader shouted it.

2 Likes

What I find appalling is that nobody in the Big League media has yet said that chemical weapons are WMD, hence what Putin did was OK if not conceive of a WMD attack on the soil of a NATO ally that has that ā€œspecial relationshipā€ with the US. If Denmark provided us AWACS coverage for 9/11, then we are obliged to provide the UK with something for this.

4 Likes

@blandsten Hey, I was a coriate once, but after extensive treatment, now Iā€™m an ex-coriate.

Since he barely reads, maybe his staff should start using emojis to flag key instructions - with a noose, :face_vomiting: or :nauseated_face: next to anything about Putin.

2 Likes

These 2nd Amendment heros are also a danger to themselves.

A month ago, Scientific American published an article about a study of accidental shootings during the NRA National Convention compared to the rest of the year. During the convention (where guns are banned) accidental shootings drop an average of 20%

2 Likes

Trump sanctioned Venezuelan officials for election fraudā€¦ But gave Putin a high five for doing itā€¦

ā€œAs the Venezuelan government continues to disregard the will of its people, our message remains clear: The United States will not stand aside while the Maduro regime continues to destroy democratic order and prosperity in Venezuela,ā€ Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said in a press release.

1 Like

More like Vidkun Quisling, in my opinion.

6 Likes

Or Canadaā€¦

1 Like

Seeing a whole new Martha Stewart side of Donnie.

1 Like

NATO. Article 5. Collective Defense.

I remember, when ā€¦

Yes, getting along with people that you need to work with is a good thing. Why donā€™t you try that with Congress, the Senate, Democrats, our allies in Europe, Mexico, Canada, Australia or anyone else on the planet?

Why is it only dictators you like to get along with?

1 Like

Perfect analogy. Thank you.

2 Likes

ā€¦They can help solve problems with North Korea, Syria, Ukraine, ISIS, Iran and even the coming Arms Race.

1). North Korea: Russia has been laying footsie with North Korea supplying technology which has advanced their nuclear program and allowing them to sell stuff to Syria.

2). Russia props up Assad.

3). Ukraine. Russia most probably corrupted Ukraineā€™s election via Manafort and invaded after the Ukrainians revolted.

4). Putin is an even better recruiting poster for ISIS than Trump.

5). Just how much help does Trump actually want with Iran?

6). Yep. Bet is going to be real hard for Russia to control its urge start and Arms race.

And hereā€™s our President: wonā€™t it be great if Putin stops hitting us.

Some help.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available