Discussion: Trump Defends Tax Plan: 'We Are Really Going To Start To Rock'

These assholes are crazy if they think we are going to sit back and let them get away with passing this piece of trash of a tax bill!

This tax bill is far from an investment! Its a damn give away of UNEARNED money from our US Treasury to the likes of lying dotard Trump! For if this lying tax cut bill were indeed good for wage earners, it would not be limiting to a max of $4,000 damn dollars, while the upper crusts gets to pull their cash from overseas and to retain more of what they earn, plus some!

The dotard and the GOPers will not get away unscathed, if this crap passes!!!

1 Like

Absolutely

3 Likes

This made me chuckle. Wonder what the rest of the GOP thinks about this? Will he support “main stream” Repubs or Bannonites? Also, will candidates decide they don’t need Trump’s help given his falling approvals and dismal turnout in Alabama.

A good shellacking will pop his orange ego and provide some wind protection for that thing on his head.

6 Likes

Trump lies about everything.

5 Likes

With no population growth, an aging work force and big curbs on immigration, hard to see how growth happens. Robots don’t buy homes or cars or groceries or phones or shoes.

5 Likes

Welfare for the Wealthy

2 Likes

It’s actually a fairly simple piece of math: you get growth by increasing the factors of production, labor and capital, and by efficiency gains. To reach 4 and 5 percent you need to assume a ludicrously high rate of increase in capital investment, presumably for exports, because the 99% are NOT seeing big income gains - except that trade growth is slowing and we’re planning to kill half of our trade deals.

OR… You have to assume a sudden, magical acceleration in productivity because of technology. (Maybe ask to borrow Paul Ryan’s magic asterisk, or the Underpants Gnome business plan.) Or maybe cold fusion turns out to be a real thing, and energy becomes free!

Even if that were to happen, it would have nothing to do with tax cuts. Dems should keep it simple: this is nothing but a wealth transfer payoff to the 0.1%, and the GOP can hardly be bothered to pretend otherwise.

7 Likes

Yes, the bitch needs to be caged!

1 Like

:joy:

“We are really going to start to rock”

That’s all you need to know to know what a colossal fuck up this tax bill is.

6 Likes

Start to “rock”? What an asshole.

“We” meaning, “Me and my family.”

1 Like

The whole statement is nothing but the kind of lying Orwell saw coming in 1984. Trump is his very own single person Ministry of Truth.

The only thing Orwell got wrong is that he gave O’Brien brains. I guess it simply would have been inconceivable to him that a carnival barker with a limited vocabulary could pull off this kind of distortion of reality.

2 Likes

Good for the wealthy, corporations and the middle class. How about the White Working Class? They’re the folks that put this jerk in office. I think it’s safe to say this isn’t going to do anyone any good but for those that are already good right now. Obama was genuinely, as in for the people, concerned with the economy. He sought the council of everyone right and left on it. If a credible argument for tax cuts promoting growth and trickle down being real were given to him he’d have done it. He didn’t because there’s no evidence it works and a bunch of evidence that it does not. Trump comes from a different place. All he cares about is Trump, he’s too stupid to reason this stuff out himself and his handlers know if they wish to stick around they have to tell him what he wants to hear. So they told him this. It’s not hard not to see Trump thinks this loser will crank out the numbers he plucked from thin air and make him the biggest swinging dick in US economic history. He sees himself that way and no one dares tell him otherwise. So here we go. Maybe Pence can say “read my lips” for a stall but we all know where this goes. Sux.

2 Likes

It will certainly boost demand for certain service industry employees, such as pool boys and yacht club attendants.

1 Like

and we can eat all the candy we want! yay!

2 Likes

[quote=“thunderclapnewman, post:17, topic:66437”]
There is no evidence whatsoever—since the dawn of recorded history—that even vaguely suggests that tax cuts for corporations and the uber-rich will stimulate growth or cause an uptick in hiring and wages.
[/quote] and yet, will ABC, CBS, or NBC frame it that way? Look at the historical record? pay attention to the needs and wishes of the 68%?
nope

1 Like

umm, I think it’s “The ship of state hit a rock! Every man for himself!”

1 Like

In time we will see if he is correct but we will also have the pleasure of seeing him squirm over the pending indictments and the effect they will have on the market.

Jonathan Lemire and Stephen Ohlemacher:

would lower taxes on the richest Americans. Benefits for most other taxpayers would be smaller

You are comparing a massive giveaway to a serious financial blow, and all you can say is that one is smaller? You are fucking cretins.

1 Like

I started saying that during the Reagan Administration and was laughed at.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available