Discussion: Trump Goes After NYT Reporter By Name In Latest Round Of Morning Tweets

previously (catch the byline please)

additional

Under the rules of the deal, which the White House says it will follow, the earliest any country can leave is Nov. 4, 2020. That means the United States will remain a party to the accord for nearly all of Mr. Trump’s current term, and it could still try to influence the climate talks during that span.

6 Likes

No one is failing but cuck drumpf…The liar, crook, and cheat …

Little child boy wolf cries are falling on more deaf ears daily…

So be it…

3 Likes

I agree: This statement is more general and more intense than one I would make myself. But I still believe that Trump has very little reason to complain about the NYT coverage of the election campaign. It wasn’t either anti-Trump or pro-Clinton in significant degree. And it could have been more skeptical of some anti-Clinton claims without betraying bias.

4 Likes

This disaster will far longer devastating effects than I think anyone realizes. The people on the island were already left behind because of PR debit crisis. Those staying were poorer than those that left, or helped younger Puerto Ricans financial move to the mainland.
The constant struggle to gather food and clean water will one cause major stress in their systems leaving then more vulnerable to diseases. Also spending time in line for anything makes it hard to work, to clean up, and just plain move ahead.

All other natural disasters that I can think of happened on the mainland or in the case of HI did not sweep all islands. There were safe places to move temporarily.

We’d better be taking careful note of what works and doesn’t work because storms will come again, and get stronger in frequency and intensity.

7 Likes

But it’s not his crayons he’s smearing all over the walls.

When you got nothing, you make the most of what you have.

These aren’t accomplishments. They are (metaphorically speaking) the emperor’s new clothes. If you can’t see them, then there must be something wrong with you. /sarcasm

4 Likes

Do people like you even read the Times? They have attacked Trump virtually every day, but you can’t tolerate their stories suggesting Hillary was a flawed candidate. “A non-stop, venomous, Maureen Dowd-level of Hillary-hating”? " Relentless attacks on Hillary combined with…pulled punches on Donald." Totally exaggerated nonsense. Do you seriously think Hillary was beyond criticism?

Trump takes a dump and demands we all look in the toilet at his " accomplishment." This bleached blonde bloviator really needs an adult, like Gen.John Kelly, to supervise his tweets, or we will continually be asked to view his public bowel movements.

3 Likes

Agree. Or impeachment. Terrific analysis.

1 Like

Drill Baby drill, turned into frack baby frack and in turn turned in to bye coal-bye.

Not that fracking is a great solution but if it takes out coal then it gets gone by alternative sources, I guess that’s a good thing.

Plus, If Preznident Failure is for coal, its definitely-without a doubt, done!

3 Likes

Am I the only one who is sick of his early morning dump tweets. Could somebody please take that phone away from him while he is sitting on his porcelain throne?

3 Likes

True true. But in my view the whole story here is mentioning Peter Baker’s name in his tweet. Any president who calls out a journalist by name (as in Katy Tur during a rally, or Baker in a tweet) is openly contemptuous of a free press and a dangerous autocrat by definition.

3 Likes

This is off topic: Josh quotes a column by Joe Nocera re Trump:

“…He is notorious for refusing to pay full price to contractors and vendors after they’ve completed work for him. And he basically dares the people he has stiffed to sue him, knowing that his deep pockets and bevy of lawyer…”

I’m not defending Trump, but my jobs in the 1970’s in NYC/NJ area brought me into contact with many businesses who either practiced this themselves or were victims of this kind of behavior.
The unwritten rule was to use your suppliers or contractors as an interest-free source of capital.

Trump ain’t unique at this, just an egregious practitioner of it.

1 Like

Wow, trump’s everything he’s claimed to be, truly running the USA like he ran/runs his business affairs. He did not lie. I imagine delegating so many things to Kushner has cleared up his schedule so he can focus on this stuff.

Good thing jack of all trades Kushner is handling the issues in PR & CA and brokering peace in the Middle East, fixing the federal gov’t, solving the opioid crisis,handling veterans’ affairs and learning how to fill out his clearance form.

I do hear about what he’s doing, certainly, but I also mostly hear smug talking heads going on and on about how he has not accomplished anything yet this year. They don’t seem to view all the dismantling of our social safety net as “accomplishing” anything, but it is. Dismantling the safety net is exactly what he promised during his campaign and throughout this year. He’s very good at blowing things up.

He is being very successful in addressing his agenda. IMV.

1 Like

wow, what a trooper!

I’m not happy with all the coverage Clinton or trump got which seemed to be more critical of her than him. But that was reporting from a reporter’s perspective which may have skewed for reasons we’ll never understand. It’s not their job to fluff but some did indeed choose to not pursue his many liabilities. The editorial side of most newspapers including NYT, WaPo and most major news outlets was very critical of him, and that’s where the truth lies.

But I think we had any angry user in mothermachrree who was venting, and so having vented moved on. I like debates, and I would’ve been open to having one.

To his base, these are great things. To rational people, these are horrors. He has little else to be proud of, so he is going on his executive orders. Orders he uses to mold his success into some Frankenstienest picture of a presidency. It is all he can come up with because he really has no idea of what he is doing there. It is like a fat golfer going up to swing a bat in a professional baseball game against Madison Bumgarner, and getting exposed as a fraud with every pitch that sails past him.

I hope he makes Peter famous!

Apropos going after the press

Malta car bomb kills Panama Papers journalist
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/oct/16/malta-car-bomb-kills-panama-papers-journalist

Malta blogger Daphne Caruana Galizia dies in car bomb attack
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-41637730

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available