Discussion: Trump Goes After NYT Reporter By Name In Latest Round Of Morning Tweets

The most ignorant, least fit individual to sit in the White House knows that Peter Baker is responsible for this coffee-table size book about President Barack Obama and his legacy and accomplishments as president. He also knows there will never be such a book about his misbegotten perversion of a presidency. This book is on my coffee table and I turn to it and read about our last sane president when trumpnews gets to be too much.

27 Likes

I’m struck repeatedly by Donald’s singular capacity for ingratitude. He attacks the news outlets that did the most, proactively, to get him elected. It seems so churlish.

NBC–that’s the network that invented Donald’s corrosively deceptive persona as a decisive business leader, through The Apprentice (image cultivated by entertainment head Jeff Zucker, who later became CEO of CNN): NBC made Donald powerful through the vulgar showmanship and legerdemain of reality TV.

CNN–Jeff Zucker again. CNN spent the entire campaign year of 2016 attacking and ridiculing Hillary Clinton and giving airbrushed airtime to Donald and his agitprop team on demand, 24/7.

The New York Times: a non-stop, venomous, Maureen Dowd-level of Hillary-hating, including their front-paging of the Mercer-funded, Breitbart-sourced Big Lie attack on the Clinton Foundation by Peter Schweizer, a notorious ultra-right-wing hatchet man for the Republican Party—an attack, by the way, that has since been thoroughly discredited as the disgraceful propaganda it always was, but too late, alas, to save the American democracy.

And of course under the leadership of its hereditary owner Arthur “Little Pinch” Sulzberger, the Times has been friendly territory for the oligarchs for years, including Little Pinch’s chum David Koch: and despite editorializing against Donald when the desperate end of the campaign was in sight, the paper’s relentless attacks on Hillary combined with its pulled punches on Donald (and the Republicans) were as good as campaign donations to the GOP.

All these major press outlets were pulling for Republican rule, of course, tilting the playing field in favor of the Republicans, because they all want their tax cuts and their deregulation and their liberation from the pesky institutions of democracy.

But they went the extra mile for Donald and Mitch.

Donald’s unwillingness to show even a glimmer of gratitude for the ooze of shameless propaganda that installed him in power would be proof of the essential gracelessness and nasty, gutter-level narcissism of the man, if proof were needed. But it’s not, of course.

28 Likes

moron didn’t get this far into the report before he hauled those overworked thumbs out. Or as the print headline says “Trump Promises the Moon, Finds It Hard to Deliver.”

“The gap between President Trump’s ambitious promises and actual policies is large and growing. This is weakening the institution of the presidency itself, which becomes diminished when presidents over promise and under deliver, or when responsibilities normally handled by the president become habitually shirked to Congress or other nations.”

@mothermachree The NYT didn’t defeat Clinton. She herself blames Comey for talking about her emails 11 days before the election at which time her support in MI, PA and WI, which also saw historic voter ID suppression and onerous voter ID laws, disappeared. She doesn’t blame any media outlets, maybe RT if she thought about it. Your rant was misplaced.

4 Likes

No, the NYT didn’t defeat Clinton. But it is true that Trump doesn’t have cause for a large grievance against them, as mothermachree said.

8 Likes

I wouldn’t say that Km Jong Un is the voice of reason in the room. Instead, I’d say it’s like the nursery where the babies are trying to scream loudest to get the most attention. Wiping shit on the walls is the next step.

6 Likes

And your loyalty, while admirable, feels a tad knee-jerk here. Clouds & Shadows didn’t come from nowhere.

9 Likes

All I saw in the post you refer to was a list of grievances against both CNN and NYT and in over-the-top, not completely factual hyperbole. But if the user contacts me, he (she?) and I can talk about it. What do you call this if not a grievance?

major press outlets were pulling for Republican rule, of course, tilting the playing field in favor of the Republicans, because they all want their tax cuts and their deregulation and their liberation from the pesky institutions of democracy.

Surprised he didn’t mention the tremendous destruction in Puerto Rico and the biggest wildfires in history. Maybe he did indirectly when he bragged about withdrawing from the Paris accord.

12 Likes

Seriously, does anyone think a majority or even a minority of trump supporters reads NYT or any big city newspapers and could then be susceptible to its, what’s the phrase, “pulling for republican rule” reporting.

@the_loan_arranger I live about 60 miles or a little more from the fires, feel the effect of the smoke, but have had nothing horrific happen, but to invite fucking moron to talk about California is to invite invective, criticism and mocking and even put blame on the Latino population. How? He’d find a way.

4 Likes

The Failing @nytimes, in a story by Peter Baker, should have mentioned the rapid terminations by me of TPP & The Paris Accord.

17 Likes

He’s rapided at least 23 staff members. At this time in the Obama administration about five people had been replaced.

14 Likes

“Believe me, nobody terminates more rapidly than Donald Trump.”

8 Likes

“Mr. Trump often gives the impression with his public comments that he has gone further than he actually has.”

He started doing that in junior high school with his locker room boasts.

6 Likes

For crying out loud. Trump thinks that signing menu boards is policy and accomplishments. MORON.

11 Likes

Slightly OT but it’s about that time. Who said this in the opening line of her new book?

“Nothing is worse than bratty, spoiled rich kids, right?”

7 Likes

I think the more proper question is does anybody believe the torrent of negative NYT Hillary stories had no effect?

9 Likes

And look how well The Wall is turning out.

9 Likes

If people watch as much CNN and Fox as we hear they do, yes, that had an effect. Because they would regurgitate print reporting true or not if it was to their advantage. How did she win 3 million more popular votes, something almost historic in popular vote counts, if so many sheeple were taken in by NYT reporting.

4 Likes

I would love to have the person who actually ‘was’ the valedictorian of his Wharton School class come out and say how DJT is a lying liar who lies about the smallest things. (Trump used to say HE was valedictorian of his class but then the real valedictorian – who was quite proud to have that little tidbit in HIS resume – threatened to sue. Trump dropped the claim but continued to claim he was the best student in his class – which is not quite the same thing but most people don’t get the difference.)

I don’t know if ‘actual’ valedictorian had to sign an NDA to get his settlement; I may be wrong that DJT paid him to shut up but I don’t think so.

7 Likes

Dispatches from the golden toilet should be treated as such.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available