Discussion: Trump: I Think Dems 'Will Be Blamed' For My Decision To Sabotage O'Care

I’d say it’s all a game to him, but even games have rules. Just a doddering old fool who is very, very sure that everything will be fixed, and will be very beautiful, quite shortly. Believe me.

Meanwhile people will die, even some of “his” people, but y’know, whatever, omelets, eggs.

7 Likes

The horror…the horror…

5 Likes

IANAL, but I will opine that Trump saying “oh, Obamacare is gone now, it’s dead” is probably not going to help him a lot in court when state AGs sue to keep receiving the payments that the ACA appears to guarantee.

Proooobably not brilliant.

14 Likes

A very great deal of what you describe, which I do agree is the modern “conservative” mindset (although that is a GROSS misuse of the word conservative) is the direct result of the infusion of Ayn Rand’s pseudo “philosophy” of “the virtue of selfishness” into the brains of the people identified as “conservative leaders” or “intellectuals.” Included among these, of course, are most so-called “libertarians” (another gross misuse of a once-proud word), Rand Paul, Paul Ryan, Trump himself, many members of his cabinet, and most other members of the Republican “leadership.” If you don’t know about Ayn Rand and what she stood for, look it up. Her “philosophy” is the cancer that is destroying this country, as you so well describe in your comment.

6 Likes

You don’t “think” about anything and no they won’t.

7 Likes

If that happens, the Democrats will have no one to blame but themselves, because this one is easy to counter.

Those subsidies/payouts are only “a gift” to the insurance companies IF we eliminate the protections that ObamaCare provided: coverage for pre-existing conditions, the list of basic conditions and treatments that must be covered, the requirement that a certain percentage of premiums be spent on actual medical care and the difference refunded to the consumer, etc. These are all aspects of the ACA that REPUBLICANS, not Democrats, fought against and want to eliminate.

Come on, Democrats and Dastardly Liberal Media, knock this one out of the park or just quit.

11 Likes

The insurance companies could chime in here at any time.

9 Likes

That’s a nice little store you got there. Would be a shame if something bad happened to it…

Just sayin…
Protection Racket Thug

5 Likes

The real question he is asking is… “Just how stupid ARE the people of this country?”

And… he was talking about an IQ test just recently… It looks like he has found one and is administering it to the people in this country. Those that meet his criteria (and fail the test) will self identify themselves by remaining Trump supporters.

5 Likes

A psychopath blames others for their mistakes. A sociopath does not know right from wrong. I would say Trump fits both categories.

9 Likes

Trump: I Think Dems ‘Will Be Blamed’ For My Decision To Sabotage O’Care

That’s how stupid and evil this fucker is.

9 Likes

He looks and sounds terrible – even for him. Exhausted, desperate, agitated, sneering, volatile, bloated, pale, unkempt. He’s at the nadir of his cycle.

19 Likes

From Josh’s transcript:
“Take a look at where their stock was when Obamacare was originally approved and what it is today. You will see numbers that if you invested in the stocks, you would be extremely happy. They have given them a total gift. They have given them — you can almost call it a pay off. It’s a disgrace. That money goes to the insurance companies. We want to take care of poof people and people that need help with health care.”

1. That’s a lie.
  2. When gov’t contractors for the defense department and private prisons make money from government contracts, and their stock rises, is that also bad?Are we being taken advantage of then?
17 Likes

“President Donald Trump on Monday said he thinks Democratic lawmakers will be scapegoated for turmoil in the insurance market kicked off by Trump’s announcement last week that he would end cost-sharing reduction (CSR) payments to insurers.”

Minor point: Much of the premium increases for 2018 are a direct result of Trump previously threatening to cut off the CSR payments, as he eventually announced Friday he would do. Many insurance companies assumed the fucking moron would do this - since he said he would - and raised premiums accordingly. So, it’s very important to hang the 2018 rate hikes around Trump’s and the Republicans’ necks…and squeeze tightly - along with anything else bad that happens (now that Obamacare no longer exists, and all).

15 Likes

It is now and forever “Trump Care”.

10 Likes

You just know Tillerson sees the cameras and is thinking: “No face palm. No face palm. No face palm. I can’t believe anyone needed me to tell them he’s a fucking moron. No facepalm. no facepalm …”

8 Likes

Very fundamentally, he doesn’t know what stocks are! It’s mind-boggling.

4 Likes

Fox News, Facebook, Rush Limbaugh, Most of the AM radio dial, Some of the FM radio dial, Evangelical leaders, Twitter, Alex Jones, CNN’s conservative talking heads, NRA’s broadcasts, Russians. Etc.

7 Likes

It doesn’t matter what he says or how he spins it. His supporters won’t be persuaded with any evidence. They have to be outvoted at the polls and all the men they elected removed from office for good. That’s the only goal, there is no other path.

9 Likes

Tell me something I don’t know. I believe that might have the purpose of my caveat about never underestimating the stupidity of the American electorate.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available