Discussion: Trump: I Think Dems 'Will Be Blamed' For My Decision To Sabotage O'Care

On second thought, that might make her a dizz-bomb.

1 Like

You apparently think the voters read.

Hereā€™s the thing - the premiums will go up on everyone, not just the people who purchase thru the exchanges.

And most companies who do provide healthcare to their workforce also have a cost sharing provision with their employees, i.e. the employee pays a portion of the health insurance premium and/or pays for spouse and dependent coverage. So even those who think they wonā€™t be touched by MoronCare, the same people who have seen the increases in premiums go down, down, down over the past several years, will suddenly see the spike in what comes out of their paychecks.

Tramp can blame the Dems, Obama, the ā€œliberalā€ insurance industry (what that fuck is that lie about?) but it all falls to him because even congress canā€™t be blamed for him single-handedly destroying the marketplace.

7 Likes

Where have ya been?

James Fallows said in 2008 that certain things McCain had said and done while campaigning werenā€™t in keeping with his dignity as a combat veteran. Then he said something approximately like ā€œI will say nothing about the dignity or lack thereof of a vice-presidential candidate who repeatedly winks, Hooters-waitress-style, at the public.ā€ :smile:

6 Likes

I donā€™t really want to revive the whole Electoral College debate or the debate of the 3+million more votes that HRC received, but if the electorate was in possession of its full mental faculties and not guided by hate, butthurt, misogyny, etc., Dump would not have received one (1) vote for President - instead he received ~63million votes. Then there is the issue of the ~1/2 of the electorate that couldnā€™t even bother to vote. 130 million American voters couldnā€™t see a difference between HRC and DJT and couldnā€™t see what was at stake and couldnā€™t be bothered to exercise their franchise. Thatā€™s fucking obscene!

We have a serious problem and, while it is probably true that the election was not fair and square and that the Russians meddled in our election and etc., it is my humble opinion that blaming external factors is not going to solve the problem. I am not a political/social genius and I donā€™t know what the solution is, but I think the problem is clear. We have seen the enemy and it is us.

3 Likes

There is also the factor of people not being ready yet to admit that they made a mistake in picking Tramp last November. To not approve of Tramp right now implies that they were dupes and the herd isnā€™t ready to do that. Many never will but there are also many who know heā€™s an idiot even as he proves over and over again that, unlike what they believed, heā€™s not their idiot after all.

@geofu54 too

10 Likes

The man is crazier than grannyā€™s old pet coon. He will be blamed for sabotaging Obamacare. There is no way he can get around that. The only questions are will his base squeal or will he even notice if they do. The Republicans are under enormous pressure because of this. Think of the donations they arenā€™t going to get from the insurance industry.

4 Likes

I would never say trumpp does anything well as far as governance but he does understand media manipulation and heā€™s the master. Deflection, lies, inflammatory accusations, how can reporters, pundits and the rest chase them down so they go with the easiest ones and leave the buried truth for someone else to uncover.

5 Likes

I think you forget that this man is in office, I know he makes no sense, you know he makes no sense, we both know he made no sense before he was in office, yet here he is.

ā€œIn what regard, Charlie?ā€ was the first ā€œpromisingā€ sign for me (made me feel convinced people would realize fairly quickly what a fuckinā€™ moron that woman was). Then again, Iā€™m sure that deer in headlights reaction is not how the fuckinā€™ moron would have shown. It would have been more like ā€œThe Bush Doctrine is a disaster, itā€™s a mess, itā€™s really, really bad and Iā€™ll beautifully fix itā€ or something like that.

Working - I work in the healthcare sector on the payer side and letā€™s just say that even the biggest plans are scrambling right now. Bigly.

Plus, I took a break from all news because it was really getting to meā€¦

4 Likes

Heā€™s right, Obamacare is dead We now have Trumpcare. And how delusional is it to think that Americans will blame the Democrats.

3 Likes

Special elections, polling, and sites like The Cook Report disagree with you.

5 Likes

5 Likes

As an overly tactful Libran I agree with both you and tena. Yes, we have a large swathe of the public thatā€™s lacking the knowledge and critical thinking skill necessary to effectively choose competent leaders. Thatā€™s a huge problem, and weā€™re living with the consequences now. But without speaking for tena I agree with her in that it was a plurality, basically, that made Trump the candidate and then the President. Heā€™s not favored by a majority, never was, and heā€™s historically unpopular now. If our government was as representative as it ought to be, as we have a right to expect, he would not be President today.

11 Likes

How can normal human beings of some accomplishment sit through a performance this deranged and not respond by making a citizenā€™s arrest on the grounds that the POTUS is criminally insane and constitutes a clear and present danger to the very survival of the republic?

2 Likes

In a true democracy Hillary Clinton would be president. He was elected by the Electoral College. Doesnā€™t mean he won the election. Weā€™re undergoing a daily battle to remind ourselves and whoever we can hope to persuade of the same. He doesnā€™t represent this country, just a small percentage of disgruntled people who are now going to be hurt by the guy they put their trust in. Slowly but surely his supporters will slip away, but as others have pointed out, they donā€™t want to acknowledge they were conned by don.

Get thee to Washington.

5 Likes

You keep thinking that, little buddy.

November 2018 canā€™t come quick enough.

3 Likes

The threatening tone of his statement is that of a dictator. He was ā€œelectedā€ without a majority or a popular mandate. The effort to repeal the ACA failed multiple times even with a GOP control of both houses ā€“ because the majority of the american people did not want it repealed. So he decides he is going to take matters into his own hands and override the majority. Rule by one man ā€“ him ā€“ is all he understands and every opportunity to excert the power of the presidency and control of the executive branch, he will. Heā€™ll do it with ACA, he will do it with NAFTA, he has done it with DACA and the Paris Climate Accord, he will do it with the Iran treaty, he will do it with nuclear bombs on the Korean peninsula. The man is out of control now and no one in his party is moving to stop this power grab. This is what he threatened when he said the calm before the storm ā€“ and that we should ā€œwait and see.ā€

11 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available