Discussion: Trump: I Think Dems 'Will Be Blamed' For My Decision To Sabotage O'Care

I have been scrolling down the comment thread hoping to find one that said exactly what you said. So, thank you. I want to see every Democratic Mayor, state represenative, Senator and Congressman on the radio, on social media and, yes, on the streets with the truth. I want to see Democratic office holders demanding time on local news broadcasts to both call out Trump — “there are lies, damn lies and then there’s Donald Trump” — and get a record breaking enrollment in Obamacare this year.

I keep waiting for the the DNC to do something meaningful - anything at all - but nothing happens. Perez should have put together truth squards on every topic blasting out the truth within minutes of Trump lies. The DNC should be working with mayors and urban school didtricts to register every stufent the month they are eligible. And yes the Democrats ought to demand time on Fox news, just to show that they show up. It is amazing that Trump is doing so badly in the polls even without effective Democratic Party opposition. Thankfully, there has been an enormous amount of civic engagement outside the moribund party structure.

2 Likes

So glad you two could have your long planned meetup in which you agreed to trash the Democratic Party in front of an audience of maybe a few hundred people.

2 Likes

“Obamacare is finished. It’s dead. It’s gone. It’s no longer — don’t — you shouldn’t even mention it. It’s gone.

Trump is finished. It’s Dead. It’s gone. It’s no longer----don’t----- you shouldn’t even mention it. It’s gone.

I wish I may, I wish I might,
Be right one damn time.

1 Like

O please.

You apparently have a very high opinion of your own intelligence,

4 Likes

This is what I imagine needs to happen also – but it also needs to be in those venues where we are not preaching to the choir. I happened to watch Sarah Silverman’s new show on Hulu – and there she was invited into a Trump voting home in Louisiana in which every single one of them was receiving some sort of government provided healthcare. They knew they were receiving aid from somewhere in the government but utterly clueless about under what provision, whether state or federal, or what that the program was actually called. Oh – and Obama was born in Kenya.

4 Likes

Sure, why not. Everyone knows what you did, and the GOP controls all three houses, but “everyone” will blame the Democrats. And by “everyone” you mean your hardcore base of idiots, racists and fascists with single-digit I.Q.s.

Here’s a reality check, Don-Don: once you and the GOP are out because of your insane incompetence, Obamacare will be put right back in place…hopefully in improved form, without all the chains the GOP put around its ankles in the first place.

1 Like

You think wrong Captain Crazypants.

What’s really sad about all this is that Drumpf doesn’t even understand how the ACA works and has never bothered to take the time to educate himself. To him, its just one more thing that President Obama got done that he feels he must destroy.

3 Likes

Ooh! SNAP! Green party forever! In the meantime, enjoy the orange fruits of your labor currently in the White House.

2 Likes

Oh yea the PARTY, when did we become the GOP?

Yes we do not want to preach to the choir, it seems it is all we do in this blog, no difference of opinions, no discussion, just flat out humiliation, name calling, etc. If we do not walk in lock step.

Sorry it takes balls to be wrong sometimes.

Wait…so…he is blaming Democrats for HIS decision? As if he had absolutely no choice whatsoever to do what he did? Really? #Trumplogic

1 Like

I think jtx is making a valid point. We are dealing with such a polarized electorate in which we are exposed to entirely different information. Many voters are not readers and depend on radio and TV punditry and their church leaders for their information. Democrats can rally our own – and those who are conscious enough to realize that healthcare policy will affect them negatively if they do not vote in their own interests, but many are simply brainwashed into believing GOP and trump rhetoric. Maybe we do not need them to win – but trump for sure does and whether we like it or not, he is wielding his power, propaganda and bully pulpit.

3 Likes

I know that but he’s trying to make a case that all the American electorate is like this. Only about 26% of it is.

2 Likes

So that is where we need to focus some serious attention because that 26% is able to do a lot of damage to themselves, us and the world by remaining so ignorant. I would like to see state democrats conduct a massive door to door campaign to visit to each republican voting household in their state receiving healthcare aid. They could personally go over the details of how they have this help and how it could disappear… The same could be done with some targeted media – but I think in the case of such people direct canvassing might work better. I realize this would be a massive effort, but direct canvassing was how we got Obama elected. When I started working with his campaign very early in Washington state – no one was for him. We went door to door and called everyone – and followed up. I was not for Bernie, but it worked like that with him too. I realize the population of Washington state is not Louisiana, but people do seem to respond when people pay them personal attention.

2 Likes

Well what kind of attention are you going focus on people who don’t live in the same reality as you? It wasn’t them who did the fucking damage - it was the Russians.

SMDH

You cannot convert the loony 26% for heaven’s sake - what a waste of time and money and energy.

2 Likes

In the process of being naturalized as we speak but I’m actually not a US citizen yet.

3 Likes

I hope I’m wrong, but I just really doubt that Trump is going to lose any support for this. His fans are going to blame the insurance companies for their higher premiums, because that’s what they are being told to believe. Or they’re going to blame Obama and the Democrats for messing with a great system to begin with .

I am giving up on applying logic to the U.S. voting public.

Never.

Next question?

2 Likes

Every time he speaks, Trump proves himself to be both a moron and a fool. And he cannot stop himself from speaking, can he?

2 Likes

Agree back atcha. But funnily enough it seems tact has a role. I helped produce a series of videos on political persuasion for the local Democratic organization and it’s all about listening, validating, finding common ground, showing you and the other person believe similar things and so maybe the Democrats aren’t in fact literal demons from hell and so forth and in some ways the person you’re talking to might want to check them out more. There was very little name-calling, proving wrong, denunciation as a racist authoritarian and so forth involved. Some people show they’re unreachable and you write them off, but others you can talk to. Tactfully! So it’s all good.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available