Discussion: Trump Is Reportedly Going To Fire Steve Bannon ... At Some Point

It’s all a Jedi mind trick! 37th dimensional chess! Trump is really a super genius. And I am Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands. And I know that is true, because the Elvis living in my toaster told me so, and he never lies.

5 Likes

If we’re only seeing the stupid side of Pence, he missed his calling as an award-winning actor.

1 Like

So with Bannon out, where do we go from here?

I don’t think there is such a thing as a Trump agenda apart from grifting and race baiting. There is no rationale for Trump to exist as President without Bannonism. The thing is: Bannonism will not get enacted into law. Messing with the immigration system will get him into further trouble with corporate America and states which depend on foreign labor. So where does Trump go from here?

1. Resign before Mueller gets to him in an awkward declaration of victory. He goes back to being a media figure and rebuilds his brand.
  2. Use Miller and the remaining Nazis to craft a message for the 2018 election to go the full Nazi and take it mainstream. Trump’s strength is that between 60%-70% of Republicans are basically pro-Nazi. He might make Nazism a litmus test for what it means to be a ‘good Republican’. He’ll challenge a number of GOP incumbents and demand fealty. Then he can get a Trumper Congress and really turn this country into a Latin American style authoritarian dictatorship.
  3. Quit the GOP, become an independent and incorporate economic nationalism + racism as an indie freed from GOP orthodoxy. He kills the GOP base and the party and fields a slate of candidates in 2018 under his own party and runs in 2020 (or until Miller gets him). #3 is the approach Macron took. There was no viable center-left party in France. Macron created one out of thin air and built it up. When events turned his way with Fillon’s scandals, Macron took full advantage and reaped the benefits.
4 Likes

Druggie days? There you have it. Don’t know why I didn’t pick up on your swagger and defiance from time to time. Hmmm.

1 Like

l kept being told by people from Indiana that Pence is about the dumbest thing on two legs. He has not so far done one thing to dispel that description.

7 Likes

I don’t know what you’re talking about, darcy. I don’t. I really, really don’t. Believe me.

1 Like

Oh no, she can’t, she’s the honorary chair of the Presidential Arts and Humanities Council … oops, never mind.

3 Likes

If I hadn’t already finished my coffee you’d owe me a new keyboard. Best comment I’ve read all year.

Gorka is the next target. Gorka is a genuine anti-Semite, the real deal. He gets away with wearing his little jacket and Vitezi Rend medal because of his skill as a liar and the unfortunate ignorance among the American press of the history of Hungary between the world wars. I’m making him a project.

Gorka tells a type of lie that is characteristic of pathological liars, that is, he resequences his history. The Vitezi Rend were formed in the early 1920’s, a typical Hungarian nationalist/fascist outfit. That’s the truth, anyway. Gorka then posits that Fascism did not come to Hungary until 1938, when Admiral Horthy picked up all his bad fascism from Hitler. Ergo, what could the friendly Vitezi Rend be doing being Fascists in 1924? This gets for Hungarian Pinocchio’s.

Horthy was the Hungarian leader since the early 1920’s, not since 1938. He led a fascist party and was a prominent anti-Semite. Of course, in the 1920s almost all Hungarians were anti-Semites and fascists. Hungary, in fact, was the first non-axis power to ally with Hitler. Why? Because Nazism had been alive and well in Hungary since the early 1930s.

Exhibit A and then I’m done with Gorka for the day. Here’s a flag from a Hungarian agro-nationalist outfit in 1932:

1932, the year Hitler was elected to power. Gorka’s whole story is a fabrication. His people occupied the same place and time as my family in Ruthenia, an ethnic region that became part of Hungary as Hitler’s gift in 1938. My people were Jews. His people, the Hungarian fascists, were the ones who terrified my family more than the Nazis in Germany. Almost 80,000 peace-loving people went to Auschwitz when the ultra-Fascists took over in 1944. The Vitezi Rend were all in.

It is beyond a disgrace that this buffoon is allowed to walk in human company in garb that any one of my relatives now dead in Auschwitz would have recognized as the equivalent of the garb of a Nazi brownshirt.

Time to clean house.

8 Likes

It’s the goulash.

1 Like

Man, I agree. What is this “agenda” these people keep talking about? Ask the folks at Twitter, who have become Trump’s communications shop.

Pence is so stupid that he hast to sing “Happy Birthday” under his breath in order to remember his name.

4 Likes

I expect Bannon to end up as a frequent “political analyst” over on “The Sinclair Network” which will make FOX News look like MSNBC.

6 Likes

Abandoned or Abannoned?

1 Like

H&ll, I’ve been out of work since early May and starting a new project in St. Louis on Monday morning (in time for the eclipse!!). I hope I can focus on the new work, because this is getting really good now.

1 Like

I tell you, Nazis just can’t get a break in this country.

4 Likes

Eh, they would just go to TPN - Trump Propaganda Network. They won’t just disappear.

Without that big red nose, who will guide the sleigh ?

Bannon the red-nosed racist

2 Likes

As long as it includes his own name. If it doesn’t mention him, he ignores the whole thing.

Agree completely. Bannon could be about to become Trump’s worst nightmare. Bannon will say Trump is a poseur, that he’s not the real deal. that he’s not the One.

This is probably why Kelly has stayed on; he had Bannon’s resignation letter in his pocket.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available