Discussion: Trump On Kushner's Clearance: Jared's 'Outstanding,' But It's Up To John Kelly

2 Likes

So basically this is Donny the maladjusted nine-year-old putting his sister’s hamster in a bucket with a huge scorpion. It’ll be sort of interesting to watch 'em duke it out, being so different in nature and kind, but he doesn’t really care about either of them and it’ll probably be easiest to throw the whole bucket in the dumpster at the conclusion of the match.

Don’t worry, Jared! Don’t worry, John! I’m sure the dotard totally has your back!

26 Likes

“It shouldn’t take this long,” Trump said, apparently referring to the process of receiving a permanent security clearance.

He’s not wrong. Kushner should have been denied a security clearance on day one, and been shown the door.

46 Likes

I love how he continuously foists everything onto others: Congress and now Kelly. Then he’ll criticize it whatever anyone decides. What a leader!

36 Likes

Another bold decision from the Coward-in-Chief.

24 Likes

Trump is secretly hoping that this finally separates Jared and Ivanka.

6 Likes

You’re fired!

You’re being sent to an interminable day-long series of meetings with HR! I’m going to play dookie with my twitterphone.

6 Likes

Hey Jared - hear that sound? Remind you of an engine? Does it sound like it’s getting louder? That’s the bus you’re getting thrown under.

By the time Mueller comes a’calling, your FIL won’t even recall meeting you, couldn’t pick you out of a crowd.

There’s yer republicun family values and loyalty fer ya!

15 Likes

Another proof of no collusion. /s

6 Likes

This seems unlikely. I don’t believe the CoS of the White Hole House has the authority to order execution by firing squad.

6 Likes

Josh: “Of course, I believe the President actually has plenary power to do whatever he wants in this case. He could just say, Jared gets a clearance. Period. No more discussion. It doesn’t matter what the FBI has come up with. But that would obviously be a massive breach of established practice. It is likely a big bridge to cross even for Trump.”

I don’t see it as a bridge too far for Trump at all. He already gave the Russian ambassador and foreign minister clearance:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-revealed-highly-classified-information-to-russian-foreign-minister-and-ambassador/2017/05/15/530c172a-3960-11e7-9e48-c4f199710b69_story.html?utm_term=.656f4399c73e

AND. NOBODY. GAVE. A. FUCK.

23 Likes

Huh. A wedding ring from another man never stopped his grabbing before.

Don’t worry JarJar - it won’t be so bad

9 Likes

Those lines about Kelly sound a lot like what he was saying to Comey about seeing his way clear to doing the right thing about Flynn.

Meanwhile, knowing just a little about the clearance process, every time Jared “restates” one of those forms he filed under penalty of perjury, it pretty much starts the clock again. Investigators have to at the very least check that the new statements are accurate-ish, and at the most follow any new leads resulting from those statements.

10 Likes

“That will be up to Gen. Kelly. Gen. Kelly respects Jared a lot. And Gen. Kelly will make that call,” Trump said. “I won’t make that call. I will let the general, who is right here, make that call.”

Uh huh. Translation: Rump is leaning on Kelly to just clear Kush and get it over with.

9 Likes

If Kelly respects Jared, that says more about Kelly than it does about Jared.

Kelly should have done the right thing long ago and bounced that kid out the door.

Meanwhile, how is Jared doing on that laundry list of things he’s responsible for in this administration? Sounds like another grift to me.

10 Likes

“a high-quality person”

following in his pappa’s footsteps no doubt

6 Likes

Don’t you just love that Kelly who just fucked up the Porter clearance issue every which way is now given leave to serve the master by taking full responsibility for Jared’s clearance by the dumb Don.

5 Likes

1 / If Jared works for free, the nation must be getting its money’s worth.

2 / “Ivanka as the best representative of our nation” makes the nation collectively throw up in its mouth. Why not Beyoncé as Secretary of Labor? Billie Bush as our next SC justice?

3 / Kelly will NEVER kill Jared’s security clearance, or Trump would overrule if Kelly dared to. DJT can’t afford to alienate JK, as this could create a Shakespearean Drama. Jared could do his damndest to stay out of jail and turn states’ evidence (with immunity; of course). He is probably smart enough to have saved incriminating docs that would take down DJT and the Doltish Bros. Then they are of the way forever. He and Ivanka (Lady McTrump) would inherit/control residual the family fortune.

8 Likes

yeah, but which one is the scorpion? is the hamster armed? what does ivanka think? questions.

6 Likes

“That will be up to Gen. Kelly. Gen. Kelly respects Jared a lot. And Gen. Kelly will make that call,” Trump said. “I won’t make that call. I will let the general, who is right here, make that call.”

“And General Kelly is very well aware of the call I want him to make and the consequences of not making that call. Those consequences are likely to begin with, as you probably know, a tweet-storm.”

Trump obviously wants Jared to continue to have full security clearance. He just wants to be able to pin the decision on Kelly. It’s like pretty much everything else - Comey, Obamacare repeal, DACA, you name it.

14 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available