Discussion: Trump Projects Used A Lot Of Dough Siphoned From The Former Soviet Bloc

12 Likes

Nice piece of reporting. (I mean, that’s just true about everything on TPM, but this particular piece should be handed to Mueller, perhaps it’ll save someone on his staff some work.)

Also, this piece hasn’t gotten much attention, yet… we’re all buzzing about Steve Bannon.

20 Likes

Shnaider began accumulating his vast wealth in Ukraine shortly after the collapse of the USSR while working for his father-in-law, Boris Birshtein.

Trump: So a man who blew through his inherited wealth is taking money from a guy who profited from nepotism in the plundering of a country? Seems appropriate.

13 Likes

Excellent reporting. It does appear to be the mother/father load. Surely Mr Trump cannot long detain the investigators? But, there has to be considerable uncertainty about how quickly the US Congress will fufill its duty.

8 Likes

Trump has an affinity for the best and brightest scumbags of the world. More work for the Mueller Commission.

10 Likes

How to convert rubles into dollars.

6 Likes

I think we’ll agree that Tramp will be exposed as a Russian dirty-money laundromat.

18 Likes

Birshtein is an associate of notorious Russian mob boss Semion Mogilevich, according to an August 1998 FBI report on Mogilevich’s organization, which says Birshtein hosted a meeting between the monster and his associates in Tel Aviv.

I wonder if “monster” is an auto-correct of “mobster” … works either way.

15 Likes

It sure does. Mogilevich is a very dangerous person and may be the biggest, richest mobster alive today. And we’ll be hearing his name more. Trump has a lot of very unsavory people in his world.

15 Likes

I wonder if that’s why he wanted both his personal body guards and the secret service?

16 Likes

Good question but if I guessed it would be more that Trump has a lot to hide and doesn’t want the SS seeing everything he does. If the SS kept the Obamas safe all those years they’re up to most challenges. The danger to Trump isn’t so much that he doesn’t have adequate protection, it’s that he ignores prudent precautions and does whatever the hell he feels like.

14 Likes

But when Trump settled with people who had purchased shares in his property, among the conditions of that settlement was that the investors cease cooperating with the government investigation.

Perfectly normal and routine business practice, I’m sure.

11 Likes

by taking out billions of dollars in loans through shell companies and then refusing to pay them back,

Dammit, why in hell didn’t I think of this.

19 Likes

I get the ’ feeling ’ … mind you …just that …

That Mr. Mueller already knows … and more —

12 Likes

Is this part of the build up to Slater prepping to head to prison within the next 30 to 35 days from now?

4 Likes

Cohen is the new Cohn. (After buying a vowel.)

Now, watch this spin.

@jootjoint I think you meant Sater, as in Felix. And no, he’s not going to jail.
He’s a very valuable government witness. A star!

3 Likes

Q. What do you call a Cockholster business call?
A. Dialing for Rubles.

1 Like

You are correct, I am referring to Felix, the ‘condo’ man!

Read an article earlier in week, he’s informed family and friends he’s heading to prison and warned it will all bust in next 30-35 days.

6 Likes

Poor bastard.

1 Like

Thanks for a great explanation!

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available