Discussion: Trump Rips Media, The ‘Real Enemy Of The People,’ Who Want ‘War’ With Russia

I’d like to be in the room every time someone explains to Trump that his tweets were only really loved by Russian bots and the media, and that his supporters ignore everything he writes and really want him to stop tweeting but won’t say it because they can’t admit they’re ashamed of the real Trump. That’s got to be a fun discussion.

If the media didn’t amplify every tweet Trump made, very few people would even know about them. He’s just a sad crazy man shouting into the wind and thinks it’s applause.

9 Likes

For the most part I agree with you, but you give them too much credit. These are the very same people who gleefully accepted the fact that Hillary Clinton was running a child sex ring in a fucking pizza parlor.

6 Likes

The GOP in the House Intel Committee just this morning voted down a measure to subpoena testimony from the interpreter in the Putin meeting.

10 Likes

Stealing this.

1 Like

It still astound me that an American President, illegitimate though he is, would refer to our press as an “enemy of the people”, thereby defecating all over the 1st amendment with his verbal diarrhea. He has thoroughly failed his Constitutional obligations that he swore to uphold.

9 Likes

Better watch yourself Donnie or Arnold Schwarzenegger will sigh at you.

“You’re the president of the United States. You shouldn’t do that,” Schwarzenegger said. “What’s the matter with you?”
Schwarzenegger, who was born in Austria, then questioned what happened to the “strong words” during the Cold War from former President Reagan.

“What happened to the strong words and the strength of Ronald Reagan when he stood there at the Berlin Wall and said 'Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall'?”

“What happened to all that?” Schwarzenegger asked before ending the video with a deep sigh.

Video:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1018990073700708355

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/397328-schwarzenegger-trump-looked-like-a-little-wet-noodle
8 Likes

What’s the status in the Senate Intelligence Committee? At least they’re borderline sane.

4 Likes

And yet republicans remain complicit for their thirty pieces of silver.

5 Likes

I’m no fan of The Hill, but that URL is amazing :smile:

4 Likes

19 Likes

Reading Trump, you look for the marker word, then move tangentially. Direct readings are just BS or straight-up falsities. The key term here is “war”, Kudlow and Bannon are urging ramping up a full-on trade war with China and even buckling down for an economic trip through the “Dark Valley”. All Putin has to do is sit back, order more popcorn and watch the US, China and the EU go at it.

4 Likes

Apparently, the Israelis would rather have the Russians than the Iranians running the show in Syria. They seem to have chosen the lesser of two very-bad evils.

2 Likes

“We are doing MUCH better than any other country!” What does this nonsense even mean or have to do with Russia-Good, Media-Bad? Someone ride this buffoon out of town on a log tonight, please.

2 Likes

Yup. I guess as Trump says, “We’ll see what happens”…

1 Like

If the media didn’t amplify every tweet Trump made, very few people would even know about them. He’s just a sad crazy man shouting into the wind and thinks it’s applause.

Would that be the SAME “media” that’s the enemy of the people or some other kind?

(yes, I’m laying on some snark not really that blind as to not know the answer). :relieved:

1 Like

He has even lost the crazy climate change denier Stephens of the NYT who is imploring Bolton to resign for MORAL (hahahhahhahaha) reasons.

What will it take for Ryan and McConnell to stop supporting him no matter what he says or does?

10 Likes

He even has adopted the language of Soviet Russia: “the enemy of the people”. Traitor Trump is showing his true colors; Russian red, white, and blue.

7 Likes

One of the real tragedies here is that he still doesn’t know what the oath means. His abysmal ignorance doesn’t make him any less a traitor, however.

6 Likes

Whatever happened to “trust but verify?!” That was the GOP’s Saint Ronnie’s favorite line. This guy is talking like Radio Moscow in the bad old days…

Subscribe to two newspapers.
Blow up your TV (or at least cancel cable).
Eat a lot of peaches.
Teach your children manners and civic engagement.
Register people to vote.
Get to the polls.

We are still in charge of our country- NOT Trump! And we need to act like it.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available