Discussion: Trump Says Obama Didn't Call Families Of Fallen Soldiers, Quickly Walks It Back

Which causes the most damage on landing, a catapult or a trebuchet?

To be fair, Lincoln never called a single soldierā€™s family during the entire Civil War - itā€™s true! Okay, maybe he sent some telegrams, or was it carrier pigeons? But never phone calls, SAD!

2 Likes

ā€œā€¦JFC, I cannot wait to piss on this manā€™s grave!..ā€

Or drive a stake through his heart to make sure the bastard is dead.

More psychopathic behavior. LBJ used tell a joke about the pol whose staff told him so and so was going to primary him. They were pulling his leg, but before they confessed, the pol lashed out with charges of incest, bestiality, wife beating. When they told him they were kidding, he said, ā€œNow why did you make me say those awful things about such a nice guy?ā€

1 Like

Iā€™m thinking right in the corner. Good spot for a Presidential Library too. And maybe designate as a hazardous waste site.

Guess where this story hasnā€™t shown up. Guess.

5 Likes

Yeah, but he might enjoy that.

3 Likes

LOL ā€“ oh, gawd, I didnā€™t consider that!! :persevere:

1 Like

Did Abraham Lincoln ever call the families of soldiers killed in the line of duty? Did Andrew Jackson? Did George Washington? I think Trump is right on this one.

3 Likes

Beat me by a few minutes :flushed:

2 Likes

Yeah, but it looks like 1gg beat us bothā€¦

ĀÆ_(惄)_/ĀÆ

@1gg

I was thinking the same but saw the movie ā€œFair Gameā€ on TV this week end. It tells the story of Valerie Plame, the CIA agent who Scooter Libby outed in retribution for her husbandā€™s editorial questioning the Bush administrationā€™s claim about Iraq and WMD. That made me revert back to my assessment of the Bush/Cheney cabal as evil.

4 Likes
1 Like

ā€œThatā€™s what I was toldā€ is a favorite Trump retreat when called out on something heā€™s made up. The press needs to follow-up on this by asking him, and his press office who exactly told the president whatever miss information heā€™s spouting. If for no other reason, that if someone is really feeding him these lies, it would be nice to know who that someone is.

1 Like

Hey, whatā€™s a bunch of Iā€™ll considered ,slanderous bullshit among Presid3ntsā€¦am I Right? What a failed,miserable human being ā€¦

1 Like

ā€œThe President wasnā€™t criticizing predecessors, but stating a fact,ā€ Sanders said in an email to TPM.
ā€¦
Straight up bullshit beginning to end.
He was criticizing previous Presidents and named Obama. When pressed he tried to say ā€œBut somebody told meā€ like a teenager weaseling out of wrecking the family car.
Sarah:
Fact: Obama went to Dover to help receive the fallen
Fact: He wrote personal letters to the families
Fact: he met families face to face
Fact: he called families to express his sorrow for their loss.
Fact: he spoke to relatives at Arlington and went unannounced.
Fact: he never bragged about it saying his efforts were ā€œuniqueā€ as trump did today
Fact: Every President grieves with the families who lose members in disasters or war. Except your guy. Your guy, Sarah, has no empathy or sympathy or understanding of the loss. We are 2 dimensional cut outs to him. People to toss paper towels to and call it good.
Hereā€™s another fact Sarahā€¦ you are working for a dishonest mentally ill fascist. If I were you I would seek honest employment elsewhere.

10 Likes

Why didnā€™t you bother to call ā€œyour generalsā€ first, you useless cocksucker!

Give the man a break!
What restraint the man has!

He didnā€™t talk about the 4 Niger deaths and how great he is for writing (um, signing) a few letters until 12 days later, and has hardly said a word about the 40 or so deaths in CA, hundreds missing, thousands homeless, until today:
ā€œWe have FEMA there. We have military there. We have first responders there. Itā€™s a tragic situation. We are working very closely from the representatives from California and weā€™re doing a good job. ā€

What has he been doing in the meantime?

• NFL anthem (Roger Goodell did not demand that players stand)
  • threat to revoke the licenses of broadcast networks
  • obsequious interview by his Fox News pal Sean Hannity
  • false claim that the New York Times set up ā€œLiddle Bob Corkerā€ by recording its interview
  • false claim that the NFL is ā€œgetting massive tax breaksā€
  • boast: ā€œNobody could have done what Iā€™ve done for #Puerto Rico with so little appreciation.ā€
  • self-congratulation: ā€œSuch a wonderful statement from the great @LouDobbs (of Fox Business Network) ā€˜We take up what may be the most accomplished presidency in modern American history.ā€™ā€
  • played golf
  • sabotaged health care. Twice.
  • blamed Democrats for taxes, healthcare, everything

h/t: http://www.sfchronicle.com/opinion/editorials/article/Editorial-California-burns-Where-s-the-12278654.php

2 Likes

[quote=ā€œjustruss, post:202, topic:63800, full:trueā€]
Trump is quickly creating a ā€œWe all are Spartacusā€ moment.
[/quote]Pardon but I am not Sparticus in this case. Those who claimed to be him did it out of loyalty that I do not feel.

1 Like

What do you expect from a total prick.

I suppose he is also unaware of the work Michelle Obama and Jill Biden accomplished for military families.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available