Discussion: Trump Says Obama Didn't Call Families Of Fallen Soldiers, Quickly Walks It Back

Does anyone else’s Bullshit 'O Meter go crazy when Trump says stuff like this?

1 Like

I’d say Trump is full of shit, but I don’t want to malign shit. Probably the most hateful, despicable, dishonest man I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

Trump’s raw, racist hatred on display.

The truth is Obama did, and Trump never will.

And, by the way, what’s with this tax cut in the middle of a war??? Do you Republicans want to lose, or do you just not care about our maimed and dead sons and daughters???

What does victory look like? Stop the war.

I’m from the government, and I’m here to help.

1 Like

I think this is going to hurt him. Anyone from any military family is going to be familiar with the protocol around communications to families of fallen soldiers. Trump just revealed that he’s never actually cared about the troops.

3 Likes

http://data.whicdn.com/images/266026092/original.gif

This cat will never learn.

If you don’t know for sure, keep your mouth shut.

Jeebus.

Yeah. And if you don’t know maybe you should keep your big fat mouth shut on the issue. What a fucking idiot.

1 Like

Correction - he’d go to Fort Moultrie. The Confederates took control of this US fort after the US Army garrison left and used it to fire at Fort Sumpter.

But you’re definitely right about blaming ‘both sides’.

1 Like

Not just that, but he’s creating fake news.

Like a swamp, even.

The author of the article should have contacted a general or two to get them to weigh in on the veracity of the statement.

2 Likes

He may technically be right . . . I don’t think that Lincoln or even Washington ever called family members about the death of a soldier. (Humor is really all I have left to hold onto.)

The current occupant of the oval office never ceases to amaze me at the depths of his ignorance and utter lack of even the most basic life skills usually mastered by the age of 6.

(Edit: Actually I see that someone beat me to my joke . . . hours ago.)

1 Like

The idiot is quoted saying this in an article in today’s online NYT about Donnie’s blaming the Dems for his inability to get anything done: “We are not getting the job done and I’m not going to blame myself, I’ll be honest.” Yeah, uh-huh. He wouldn’t know honesty if it punched him in the face.

1 Like

@feathered_head

It hasn’t come to moron’s attention, maybe Ryan’s though, that Sen. Graham predicted that if the tax bill isn’t passed it’ll mean curtains for the 2018 elections and absolutely mean no second term for moron. I hope he’s right on both counts.

3 Likes

“The Democrats have terrible policy,” Mr. Trump told reporters, flanked by Secretary of State Rex W. Tillerson and Jim Mattis, the secretary of defense. “They are very good at, really, obstruction.”

The whole story was childlike gibberish from an adult who’s never thought of anything of national importance. I know I should pay closer attention to what he says because what happens afterwards affects our country and the world. But his statements are so childlike, so shoot from the hip, almost intelligible, that I can only scan.

2 Likes

White rage.

Here?

We can sum up moron’s presidency with this cartoon. P.S. Thanks for reminding me to look at my hometown paper today.

4 Likes

I’d expect him to be a standup guy. :wink:

It was also Mrs. O and Dr. B who made working for and with veterans their work during the eight years of this administration.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available