Discussion: Trump Says Obama Didn't Call Families Of Fallen Soldiers, Quickly Walks It Back

Agreed his base is small, but the rest of the party is scared to death of losing them and so won’t be tough on him.

@socalista

2 Likes

Donnie continues to reside in an alternative reality laden with alternative facts.

That Sandy Hook shooting will forever rest in my heart. Being a teacher this is always present in my mind and my heart especially during fire drills, lockdowns. I will never forget it. This certainly chipped my heart and my belief in humanity.

1 Like

Trump doesn’t understand a huge difference between himself and Obama.

Obama tried to avoid press coverage of his observances. His former Press Secretary said today that the press would get mad at him when he didn’t tell them when the President visited the Afghanistan/Iraq section at Arlington.

Trump used the wife of a newly fallen serviceman as a prop for his “very Presidential” speech.

4 Likes

But if he called you, you could really let him have it. Which is perhaps what he’s afraid of.

2 Likes

Either that or he just can’t be bothered. It’s difficult, uncomfortable, all that. Trump doesn’t do difficult things in a subdued, dignified way in order to help other people. That’s at least three strikes right there.

1 Like

They were tiny little children killed by a man who shouldn’t even had access to a gun, he took his mother’s gun and killed her first, but to think of little children being slaughtered and nothing being done in the aftermath by our government, to me it was a more terrible event than 9/11.

@left_in_washington_state trump understands nothing, is not someone who contemplates the past or the future, he’s a TV reality show star and before that a trust fund baby and failed businessman. He’s purposely working at being the un-Obama, and it’s impossible to come to terms with that.

4 Likes

Oh, my mother has said it to me on the phone, but I won’t post it either.

2 Likes

Cowardice and mendacity that is unworthy of those brave enough to wear our country’s uniform.

Hats off to Peter Alexander of NBC News who, for the second time, challenged the liar-in-chief in a calm, direct way and got the same basic response and back pedal. During an earlier press conference, Trump claimed he had received the highest electoral college victory in recent elections. I don’t recall the exact phrasing, but what Trump claimed was false and quite provably false. When Alexander pointed out the actual numbers, Donnie backed down saying, just as today, I don’t know, I was told that, sound familiar? .

It’s not that hard to get Trump to back down from lies if you try actually, why do so few do it? Furthermore, Trump is not a competent liar when challenged.

3 Likes

I can guarantee you that by now, one-third of the country firmly believes that Obama did not make those calls.

Having never thought anything about it at this time last night.

To paraphrase the last 3-1/2 years of the Obama administration: Niger, Niger, Niger, Niger, Niger, Niger, Niger, Niger, Niger, Niger, Niger, Niger, Niger, Niger, Niger, Niger, Niger, Niger, Niger.

1 Like

Trump always does that thing when he’s lying: he moves his lips.

In his Editors blog…

@Josh_M questioned, “Why did President Trump make up this lie about President Obama not calling the families of bereaved soldiers?”

The clearest is answer here–>

======
~OGD~

1 Like

As much as I am angered by what trump said on this subject… it pales in how I expect Gold Star families would feel. Or for that matter how Obama or other living former Presidents feel about what this cretin said. I am pretty sure in thinking GW and GHW Bush strongly dislike this jerk. This guy thought he was “unique” (his word) in his ability in contacting Gold Star families. Fucker… It is always about him and is stellar abilities that outshine everyone else always.

FUCK YOU TRUMP!!

2 Likes

Mendacity and cowardice when caught in a lie he knew was a lie.
typical of 45
Thanks a lot trump.
sheesh

2 Likes
1 Like

The reason trump cooked up this abomination of a lie was because of his utter lack of empathy and sympathy. And it’s why he hasn’t got around to it until it was convenient for him. This is always about him. His ego. His needs. His greatness.
Turd.

I believe we have already, on day one of the week, arrived at the distraction phase.

Somebody’s getting insulted, worse than the everyday norm that is, tomorrow, or Trounce will go nucular on Moldova or the word ‘social’ may be removed from the name Social Security.

I’m at least warm.

1 Like

Certainly not before today’s presser, anyway.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available