Discussion: Trump Says Obama Didn't Call Families Of Fallen Soldiers, Quickly Walks It Back

John McCain:

“While our party has bestowed upon him the nomination, it is not accompanied by unfettered license to defame those who are the best among us.”

30 Likes

I thought today was Frosty Lunch day.

1 Like

Laura Rozen

17 Likes

It was Obama who lifted the ban on photographs at Dover Port Mortuary for transfer ceremonies. I also recall a moving ceremony at Joint Base Andrews after the Benghazi attack. And how many times did he meet with families of mass shootings? I’d like to have 30 second to punch this asshole silly–that’s all it would take.

4 Likes

1st I don’t think that Generals would be the definitive source for information on who a President did or did not call.

2nd The Short Fingered Vulgarian lived up to his name once again. What a slimy little piss ant.

5 Likes

Thanks for bringing that up - I wish the press would.

Eminem did a verse about this and what he said about McCain. It’s great.

4 Likes

Classic. It’s nice to see someone call him out directly like this.

3 Likes

And of course he didn’t… (sorry for stating the obvious).

3 Likes

He is already silly hoagie. Maybe you should take your allotted time and knock some sense into him. On second thought to do that would take up more time than you have requested.

2 Likes

I just checked 1877 was when the White House had it’s first phone installed. Rutherford B. Hayes (why doesn’t like or sound right if one drops the “B”). Hayes was reported to have embraced the technology, but received few calls. Sad that.

4 Likes

Trump didn’t write them either I’ll bet.

6 Likes

He’s talking about his most solemn responsibility in exactly the same way he talks about everything else—like a lazy 14-year-old who didn’t do his homework and is bullshitting his way through a bunch of excuses. Every day is a new low with him. Every god-damn day.

29 Likes

The next question should be, “Who ‘told’ you that?”

Stephen Miller?
Someone on Twitter?
A painting on the wall?

3 Likes

Families should call him out here.

4 Likes

Yes, he is a monster. A heartless, ignorant monster. There is no other way to describe him.

3 Likes

Oh no, he knows more than the generals! Believe me!

2 Likes

[quote=“leftcoaster, post:50, topic:63800, full:true”]
He claims he wrote letters to those families over the weekend and they will go out either today or tomorrow.
[/quote]Well, the troops were attacked in Niger, which - if you consider the spelling and the fact that he’s probably never heard of the country - could explain his confusion on whether it was a good thing, or bad thing, or what kind of thing, or what day it is.

10 Likes

Is the moron going to tweet his “warmest condolences” to the families of the fallen soldiers?

11 Likes

Yeah, with a “have fun” at the end.

11 Likes

Maybe he’ll even throw in some paper towels if they’re especially lucky.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available