Discussion: Trump Says Obama Didn't Call Families Of Fallen Soldiers, Quickly Walks It Back

Well, I am pretty sure George Washington didn’t call… what an arse

1 Like

Of course…he is looking in a mirror…(all apologies to @squirreltown)

1 Like

Personally, I don’t give a fuck what anyone else previously did in this situation. If I’m the President, I immediately call the families and give them my condolences and tell them that the nation is indebted to the service of their children.

1 Like

My half-witty comment was redundant. (“Washington didn’t call”, etc.) So I will withdraw to sulk.

1 Like

1 Like

Don’t want him to enjoy it, of course!

1 Like

I feel confident in saying that no President before Rutherford B. Hayes called the families of the fallen.

3 Likes

Add me there.

I’m feeling almost numb… how could this be happening every single day and when will it end?

Mueller? Mr Mueller??

6 Likes

I want to see him live long enough to see his penthouse apartment turned into a library for the homeless—something dignified, in other words.

4 Likes

I hated Nixon because he sent childhood buddies of mine to teir deaths in Vietnam.
But what I feel for trump has so many more layers, facets, colors and angles. What I’d like to see happen cannot and should not pass into the realm of the posted or spoken so I’ll just think it. Others are welcome to their version. I can say that schadenfreude would be front and center should Mueller offer up indictments of trump and his assorted cronies. That schadenfreude would deepen should at some point that trump would lose all his wealth and be rendered destitute and homeless.

9 Likes

Imagine losing a beloved person to war. Then imagine t-rump telephoning you. UGGGG!

3 Likes

He is unworthy to walk on that sacred ground. I can not imagine him visiting a grave and not defiling it with his bullshit.

7 Likes

He is horrifyingly ignorant. And stupid. He couldn’t tell the truth if he wanted to, cause he doesn’t know anything.

1 Like

Fucker. My rage knows no bounds.

2 Likes

Okay…now I need a Kleenex. In part due to this story that reminds me of losses our country has suffered since 9/11…AND from the deep sadness that I feel whenever I am reminded of the eloquence, empathy, intelligence and grace that was on display 24/7 in the White House just ten months ago. 2017 has been such a shitty year. Lost my father in Feb and lost my president and hoped for ideals in January.

13 Likes

He’s such a monster that even the other monsters are embarrassed by him.

9 Likes

He is accustomed to his lick-spittles nodding and agreeing with everything he says, and praising is brilliance and all around wonderfulness. I doubt many have told him to his face what he really is.

2 Likes

Washington, Adams, Jefferson…and the list goes on, didn’t telephone the families of fallen soldiers. Teddy Roosevelt is the first person to be president when phones were coming into more widespread usage, but even then not every home had one. So, I guess we are to assume that Trump is a scholar of modern technology and that’s why he “knows” so many of his predecessors didn’t do this thing he “likes” to do. I’m sure Kellyanne or Sarah or one of his other minions will be touting this all over the teevees this evening.

2 Likes

Jesus, now I’m wondering what a phone conversation between Trump and a family member of a recently fallen soldier would even sound like.

Trump: Hello Mr. Smith. Great news! Your son is dead. I mean…no! It’s bad news. People are telling me this is bad news. Tremendously bad news. So bad. Believe me when I say this news is very, very bad news. You know, if Melania were with me [Editor’s note: Melania is sitting right beside him, but Trump forgot] she would probably be crying over such tremendously awful news. Did you see how all of the predictions were wrong and I won the election by a landslide?

Mr. Smith: :frowning:

10 Likes

Some Russian hookers didn’t wait

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available