Discussion: Trump Says Obama Didn't Call Families Of Fallen Soldiers, Quickly Walks It Back

I read Frum’s set of tweets in my office and started crying.

We plumb new depths. Every damn day, we plumb new depths.

1 Like

“President Obama I think probably did sometimes and maybe sometimes he didn’t. I don’t know. That’s what I was told,"

9 Likes

You left out the dusting of “miracles” and
“I bet Obama would never have called you like I am. It’s much better to get a call from President Trump than Barack Obama, don’t you agree?”

4 Likes

Not just the shadow. trump is a maggot underneath Obama’s shoe.

11 Likes

Fundus-face is having a piss-poor day.

3 Likes

Lincoln found himself having to honor thousands of fallen in one visit. And he rose to the occasion.

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.
Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.
But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate—we can not consecrate—we can not hallow—this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us—that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion—that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain—that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom—and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

19 Likes

@mrf

Everything is an opportunity to talk about himself. I think it’s why he ran, to have the world’s biggest microphone on the world’s biggest stage, governance, upholding the Constitution were all dim secondary concerns. He is sick to his core.

13 Likes

I do not believe in fairy tales, but I am sure that if hell exists, a huge wing in it has been reserved for this excuse for a human being along with his despicable enablers including the General Kelly who seems to fancy himself as an honest patriot.

5 Likes

President Lincoln didn’t call any families of fallen soldiers, so there.

3 Likes

"All I can do is ask my generals,”

9 Likes

If? We’re there.

1 Like

Yeah, right? He was changing his mind as he went along, grasping for an adequately weaselly phrase, thinking no one would notice that it never before crossed his mind to call or write the families.

2 Likes

Huckabee-Sanders will be up all night rehearsing her answers for tomorrows gobble.

3 Likes

I have not much to lose so I’d be happy to tell him to his face what I think of him.

2 Likes

He couldn’t find the right Hallmark card to properly express presidential commiseration and sympathy.

2 Likes

Fill In The Blanks letters don’t count, Donald.

1 Like

Was this press conference impromptu? I don’t remember reading about one being planned.
I guess he prepared the usual amount.

1 Like

Why yes, if only there was an institution especially dedicated to questioning authority and keeping them honest, and then publishing their reports. Maybe even enshrined in the Constitution, perhaps? Oh well, I can always dream …

2 Likes

Does this guy have a security detail?

2 Likes

This is the last paragraph from a letter signed by dozens of psychiatrists in February 2017 speaking to the moron’s lack of fitness to hold office

http://www.lancedodes.com/new-york-times-letter

We believe that the grave emotional instability indicated by Mr. Trump’s speech and actions makes him incapable of serving safely as president.

@socalista @mrf

12 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available