Discussion: Trump Seeking To Speak To Charlottesville Victim's Family

1 Like

“Please thank the President for his interest, but tell him we are not interested in speaking to him. Good day.”

30 Likes

He’ll use them as a props unless the family agrees to the meeting and they use the opportunity to publicly rip into him.

10 Likes

Suggested response.

Dear Alt-President, that’s mighty white of you, but please fuck off. Thank you.

20 Likes

Sounds like a “Javanka” WH faction gambit.

13 Likes

Maybe Heather Heyer’s family would like to bring the Khans along so he can commiserate with two families that lost children that were protecting American values?

36 Likes

What the hell is he waiting for,… all the facts?

10 Likes

Trump to family: “She’s a hero because she got killed. I like people who don’t get killed. Okay? And how about my inauguration crowd? Biggest ever, believe me.”

13 Likes

The family should welcome him into their home, and tactfully request the meeting be recorded, for posterity and all. Trump would surely say something so monumentally stupid, tone deaf and ill advised it’s too rich an opportunity to pass on.

3 Likes

If I were Heather’s family, I would not speak to Trump, but maybe they are better and more forgiving people than I am.

16 Likes

He’d probably try to make things better by offering a gift certificate (18 holes) to one of his golf courses and then spend the rest of the time complaining about his unfair press.

7 Likes

What no Trump Steaks? Also, Donnie also claims to own a bigly yuge winery outside of Charlottesville.

Interestingly, it only produces white wine.

6 Likes

My unifying words were better but I appreciate that Ms. Bro tried and she should not feel too bad because Donald always says the best unifying words…

3 Likes

The smell of the PR and political motive to this offer stinks.

12 Likes

Free tickets for Whinery tour. Brilliant. Everybody wins.

3 Likes

“The White House says it is working to find a ‘convenient’ time for President Donald Trump to speak with the family of the 32-year-old woman who was killed nearly a week ago while protesting a white nationalist rally…”

Heyer’s family: “Is ‘when Hell freezes over’ a convenient time, Mr. Trump?”

Trump, and the Nazis and Klansmen he emboldened, will never wash her blood from their filthy, racist hands.

19 Likes

I’m pretty sure I’ve never heard of a President working to find a “convenient” time to offer condolences to anyone. I can’t say I know how that works, but before today, I would have said the President tells someone to get him a number, and then picks up the phone and makes the call. Maybe someone else makes the call first to see if they’re home. Publicly stating they are seeking a convenient time? Really?

26 Likes

I’d say it was pretty fucking inconvenient for Heather and her family for her to be mowed down and violently murdered in the president’s name. Ms. Bo should politely decline and instead reach out to the Obamas. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve already reached out to and contacted her.

15 Likes

That’s a given. True class doesn’t beg prompts.

8 Likes

If they can do that, they are better people than me.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available