Discussion: Trump Seeking To Speak To Charlottesville Victim's Family

@pluckyinky. In re Obama’s contacting her family: Quite likely, AND they’ve kept quiet about it.

7 Likes

OMG, that did not occur to me, but I would bet you anything that you are right and that they already have.

8 Likes

If I were the parents of the poor girl, I would tell the Asshole-elect to go fuck himself.

2 Likes

That would be great. But you know that coward would never do it. He’d insist that they come to the WH and sit there like potted plants to use as props. If they won’t agree to that he’ll never speak to them.

2 Likes

I need a photo-opportunity
I want a shot at redemption
Don’t want to end up a cartoon
In a cartoon graveyard

6 Likes

“I was gonna offer condolences, but we couldn’t sync our calendars…”

5 Likes

“The White House says it is working to find a ‘convenient’ time for President Donald Trump to speak with the family of the 32-year-old woman who was killed nearly a week ago while protesting a white nationalist rally…”

The WH is trying to find a “convenient” time when the the so-called president is acting a little less insane and less likely to blurt out some white supremist rants or go on a racist bender. Good luck with that.

6 Likes

Yep. My own response would be “Go to hell”, but I suspect that Heather Heyer’s family may be more gracious than I could ever hope to be under such circumstances.

8 Likes

I’ll offer my condolences just as soon as it’s convenient.

Yeah.

I would have gone to the funeral but it wasn’t convenient. Why don’t people die when it’s convenient?

10 Likes

Ok, in fairness - and far be it from me to be fair - it’s quite possible that the spokesperson meant that they are looking for a time that doesn’t interfere with what the family is having to deal with, out of courtesy to the family. I’m sure Trump would be willing to interrupt his serious workload of tweeting in front of the TV at any time.

1 Like

Yeah so he can take advantage of um like he did the family of the woman killed by the illegal alien felon who found a gun that was stolen from a CHP cruiser a week ahead of the shooting…

2 Likes

I guess it depends on who its convenient for: the media or the family.

2 Likes

Family should say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

4 Likes

Trump will invite them out to his winery for a cheeseburger and beer.

2 Likes

geez…once again, it all about him…if the family wanted to speak to him…they would call…

3 Likes

That’s so yesterday. Today we’re admiring how his piddly little winery is the biggest in the country. It’s hard to keep up, I know.

2 Likes

Maybe he wants to ask them to help pay for the wall?

Better still, they should call the White House and see if the lowlife is immediately available to speak to them. I would wager that he is not.

1 Like

They’ve already proven they’re better than I by the fact that they didn’t immediately scream, “You did this! You allowed those evil monsters to think they can rise again and walk among decent people, then instigated violence against anyone who disagrees! Our daughter is dead because of you!”

5 Likes

I am inspired by Heather’s mother. She just seems like such a caring and decent and loving mother.

13 Likes

TBH, this is sort of a win-win for the Drumpfenfuhrer. If Heyer’s family politely accepts his condolences, High Broderist commentators will be in heaven, tweeting that this is the moment our Nazi-in-chief became President while Nazis and Klansmen (you know, DD’s base) will correctly consider his actions insincere. If Heyer’s family tells him to fuck off (or accepts the call and tells him directly to fuck off) it’s just grist for our two-bit Hitler’s defenders, while the High Broderists can shake their heads and mourn the incivility on both sides (but of course the left is worse).

In any case, I hope they tell him to fuck off.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available