Discussion: Trump Seeking To Speak To Charlottesville Victim's Family

I reject that Manichean view of the situation. In the first place, it’s too late for him to talk to them.

In the 2d place and really it’s kind of in first place too - he is the most unpopular president ever.

He can’t win. Has he won one thing since he was signed in? Gorsuch, but he didn’t do that. mcConnell did.

No, he is in a lose-lose situation no matter what he does at this point.

7 Likes

From Heather Heyer’s memorial service:

“This is just the beginning of Heather’s legacy. This is not the end of Heather’s legacy,” Bro said. “You need to find in your heart that small spark of accountability. What is there that I can do to make the world a better place? What injustice do I see?”

Accountability is Kryptonite to Hair Furor.

6 Likes

Teeny tiny little edit.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Joe Biden at the funeral.

3 Likes

I think Obama AND Biden should attend the funeral services. Stick it right in Trump’s eye.

8 Likes

Only if it’s cleared by the family with no notice going out that they’d be there.

5 Likes

Agreed. That would be the classy move by our greatly missed Pres and VP.

4 Likes

I think they’d convey a much louder message if the publicly declined. Nothing would humiliate the President more than being rejected in public.

To add insult to that injury, they should readily accept an invitation to meet with President Obama.

4 Likes

Donnie doesn’t do humiliation. He’d just say he wouldn’t want to make it all about him when he wants it all about him.

3 Likes

Ohhhh, but deep down, that would hurt him bad. He’ll say anything to hide his wounds. This on the heels of being rejected by the CEOs on his Manufacturing Council earlier this week…being rejected in all shapes in sizes…imagine how busy that would make his little thumbs.

4 Likes

Yeah I want him to feel it - the entire country is trying to reject him.

With the exception of the racists and the neoNazis.

5 Likes

Why the FUCK would this family want to talk to THAT assclown!?!?

He is part of the reason she is dead. No way.

Other people have said it before me, but I will echo the sentiment that this smells like a photo op. I would seriously advise these people NOT to accept this particular presidents phone call. And that is sad for America…

4 Likes

Yup. Pretending to be a billionaire for so long shows how these are the only people he truly respects. To be rejected by them must sting.

3 Likes

No, he’s waiting for it to be conveeeenient.

3 Likes

Deep down? I’m not saying D2S is shallow but I’ve seen deeper mirrors.

2 Likes

Alt-President – excellent!

4 Likes

That IS funny. Unless it gives him some kind of cache’ with…you know…THOSE people. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

If there’s a call, have it recorded. Then press him on his bullsh!t statements about the “many sides” that bear responsibility for Charlottesville. And, have their lawyer present; you never know what the alt-president may say that will engender liability for her death. Under no circumstance take a call without a recording or witness and give him an opportunity to lie about it.

Absolutely and he dug himself in ever deeper today.

6 Likes

I thought the funeral was yesterday. Am I mistaken?

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available