Discussion: Trump Transition Team Accuses Mueller Of Improperly Obtaining Documents

2 Likes

Is that a current picture of Trump? He looks terrible—vacant-eyed and exhausted.

20 Likes

This is going to be entertaining.
Lousy timing insofar as recent dental work is concerned - popcorn is off-limits for a couple weeks.

17 Likes

My spouse works in government, every administration change they have to explain to appointees their new government emails are not private. Folks from private industry don’t get it. Even tho staff never uses it, I have suggested they say to the newbies:

“Unless you want the whole world to know when your tween daughter has her first period, keep private matters out of your ‘.gov’ and off your government issued devices.”

PS There is a reason “W’s” people used the Republican Party server.

47 Likes

If we can invent a way to vape popcorn we’ll be rich.

23 Likes

Pfft. People said dumb, probably AFAIK incriminating stuff on their government work computers, their third-rate lawyers didn’t know and then whoops start getting questions from Mueller about God knows what and they’re embarrassed so they’re just making up stuff and hoping it intimidates or fools anyone which it won’t except maybe their idiot clients. Quick show of hands: Who doesn’t know to be cool on a work computer? No e-mails on the work account about how the boss is a poopyhead, nothing to that special friend in accounting about how you were incredible last night, nothing about unheard-of traitorous international conspiracies, you just don’t, I mean use your head sheesh.

64 Likes

Trump Transition Team Accuses Mueller Of Improperly Obtaining Documents

Hmmm … maybe they’re important.

19 Likes

You give them back! Right now! Hand 'em over!

30 Likes

Whiners.

12 Likes

This Beckler was a Giuliani crony who was I gather supposed to be the Trump boy at the GSA. Then he got pancreatic cancer. Which could be a metaphor for the Trump influence I suppose.

16 Likes

What me worry?

24 Likes

My wife keeps on prodding me on what I want for Christmas; I told her I wanted to see Trump frog-marched out of the White House on Christmas Eve. She said she’s working on it.

58 Likes

More and more when he speaks in public he does sound exhausted and he uses that weird falling inflection a lot.

26 Likes

Presidenting is hard!*

*Even when they are not telling you the real scary stuff in the PDB

17 Likes

And if you’ve noticed more and more monotone from the script or teleprompter.
Is Kelly lacing his Egg McMuffin with Prozac?

24 Likes

Have not seen anyone arguing beyond the mechanism of receiving the email/documents. No one has stated that the contents held nothing incriminating or innocent. Find that compelling.

The other thought is, okay, what if they are able to quash the contents, if it is a road map in a sense, the cat is out of the bag. It will tell Mueller’s team where to look, develop alternative avenues of evidence. Not sure about the legality of that being a layman.

And yet another thought. When this was first reported, it seemed that those interviewed, pointed to these documents existing based on the nature of the interviews presumably after putting their heads together and comparing notes. This tells me that Mueller has had these for some time. Now that Mueller’s team responded and seemingly confirmed they have them only now, this definitely says Mueller knows a lot more than they seemed to think. Mueller has been gaming the hell out of them. And he has been doing this in a cool and methodical fashion.

No one is putting up real denials this week, just attempts to question the nature of the investigation. The seat cushions in the White House are disappearing due to the pucker factor currently in effect.

35 Likes

Mitchell: …emails?
Haberman: EMAILS!
Thrush: man emails

Every freakout occurs when Team Trump realizes how screwed it is. When you’ve got nothing, shout and swing your arms.

20 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re dosing him but he was never a whiz with the 'prompter—seemed to regard the reading as a kind of boring class assignment and not put any oomph into it. Occasionally he’d say “so true, so true” which I figured meant this was the first time he’d actually read the damn speech.

46 Likes

Oh goody! Mueller has caught Trump with his pants dangling around his dirty ankles!

11 Likes

Damn right its illegal. They should have done it the right way: collude with Russia, get them to hack the e-mail, then dump them through WikiLeaks and Russian agents to undermine our system of government, then deny they had anything to do with it.

Will Muellers team ever learn?

P.S. Thanks Obama, its your fault the GSA exists!

39 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available