Discussion: Trump Transition Team Accuses Mueller Of Improperly Obtaining Documents

Roger that. That is why I think a lot of people are going nuts over some of this, they do not understand how they got there. But they (Republicans) spend more time clutching their pearls and looking offended over lesser things. Wait till it is truly horrendous and serious.

2 Likes

I guess I’m a jerk. It lifts my spirits to see him this way.

3 Likes

Remember a few weeks ago the WaPo had an article about Mueller’s team’s interview process, and that one person who had been through it said the Mueller doesn’t seem to know much and is just getting the lay of the land?..Seemed naive then, and looks even more interesting from this vantage point. The quote:

“When they were questioning me, it seemed like they were still trying to get a feel of the basic landscape of the place,” said one witness who was questioned in late October for several hours and, like others, requested anonymity to describe the confidential sessions. “I didn’t get the sense they had anything incriminating on the president. Nor were they anywhere close to done.”

3 Likes

If I were playing ‘Hearts of Iron’ this would be the diplomatic operation called ‘boost party popularity’, which would increase the influence of fascists in the target country. Eventually, you can flip the government from democracy to fascism, with enough time and effort. Or you can stage a coup. Possibly set up a puppet government.

I retired several years ago from a lifetime in State government service. It was always interesting (sometimes amusing) how flabbergasted those from private industry were about what was commonplace and known by every single government employee from day one.

Once, there was some dumb training class we had to go to led by a woman who made her living giving training classes. During part of the class the topic of salaries came up and one of my coworkers volunteered how much various ones of us made, and how civil service promotions work, so we weren’t really interested in her “how to negotiate a higher salary” bit.

She tried telling us how important it is to never let any of your coworkers know how much you actually make. We told her our salaries are a matter of public record, every single one of us, because we work for the taxpayers and they get to know how much they’re paying us. We told her how easy it is to check on any government employee’s salary and benefits whenever you feel like it.

After what can only be called a meltdown over that news, the woman suggested to our management that she didn’t really have anything to offer the agency’s employees and suggested they look at some other types of training. Good times.

9 Likes

News Alert to the Trump cabal, the United States Federal Government IS NOT Trump Corporation, or Trump International or Trump’s golf courses, etc. So while you are working on behalf of The People, you emails and such are PROPERTY of THE PEOPLE and shall be handle as such.

4 Likes

Someone else mentioned, the state of giddy omnipotence amongst Trump and his people between Election Night and Inauguration Day was palpable, but also remember this–the assholes at the NYC branch of the FBI practically led an uprising against Comey during the summer and fall of 2016, while working hand in glove w Giuliani. When Comey at least temporarily lost his nerve and demonstrably benefited Trump w his statements, Trump may have believed he owned the FBI, and that they would never challenge him.

I’d like to think Trump was wrong, and that turnabout is fair play, but it has been a very near thing.

5 Likes

I don’t know what relation there is between the article in the Dallas paper about Russian money and the GOP and a fascist coup, unless you mean that Russia giving money to the GOP is part of the program to flip the country.

Putin has financed rightwing movements all over the first world. He’s doing as much damage as possible but it isn’t just here.

2 Likes

I’ve read people who draw a very thick line between the New York criminal division of the FBI, which had it in for Hillary, and the counterintelligence side, which is considered far more professional and willing to follow things wherever they lead including Trump Tower and the Oval Office. Every business with three dozen employees has factions at daggers drawn and I’m sure the FBI does too.

4 Likes

I’m sure you’re right, but this level of arrogance and entitlement hasn’t been seen in the FBI since the heyday of J Edgar Hoover.

1 Like

If you mean sabotaging Hillary, couldn’t agree more. I hope we’ll see a commission that looks into all this stuff when the country comes to its senses and cleans house where necessary.

6 Likes

It’s the same in private business. Things written on the company email or text systems is the property of the company. The same is true with web searches, etc.

Don’t write or text something you would’t want the company or government investigators to see.

As I understand it, Trump could change the rules and fire Mueller.

Second, Katyal notes, “Trump could order the special-counsel regulations repealed and then fire Mueller himself.”

It’s mostly people who don’t even remember the 90s, let alone any time before then.

Hey, as my friend used to say - “If you can remember the '60s, you weren’t there!”

2 Likes

It could be quite educational for the public to have the elderly Trump incarcerated.

There is a lack of prison capacity for the elderly that can also provide assisted-living services.

I do, in spite of COINTELPRO and Hoover and everything else. I’m actually surprised at myself. I can recommend Enemies - A History of the FBI by Tim Weiner. He also wrote Legacy Of Ashes - A History of the CIA. Both completely on the record - no blind quotes or anonymous sources. Both based on a lot of stuff de-classified in the early 2000’s. Both pretty riveting IMO.

6 Likes

IMHO, it would be very tricky for Trump to fire Mueller especially since a couple of Republican Senators threw cold water on the idea. Just a guess, but they could be speaking for most Republican Senators here.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more - Trump is cornered, no matter what he does. No matter what he does. At this point, any action he takes up to and including firing Mueller will just hasten his downfall. He is checked, and any moves he makes will just be to give up more pawns before the inevitable.

1 Like

Incredible link and info. Let’s hope the media runs with it.

2 Likes

I had several battles over that. Managed it by playing firewall, they had to submit upward with good reason to do so ending with CEO or HR approval. It worked well in most instances. They could not establish a good rationale for doing otherwise. Didn’t make me a favorite in the director set.

While some of the production folks operated on the basis of fear, mostly I found them to be the more ethical and/or moral to begin with. Sure they had their issues, but most were good scouts about things.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available