Discussion: Trump Transition Team Accuses Mueller Of Improperly Obtaining Documents

Sean Hannity : “Even the librul left wing Deep State Wasington Post says Mueller obtained them illegally !!!”

6 Likes

Back in the day, it was awesome.

1 Like

Warm up the White Ford Bronco!

13 Likes

…and then there is Dershowitz, publicly begging to represent the President, the exception thus proving your rule.

8 Likes

To be clear I meant the lawyers themselves there are professionally embarrassed and they’re squawking to impress Donald and the other clients, not because they have any legal point to make. They messed up in their understanding of what evidence Mueller had and now they’re making a great show of indignation about his perfectly legitimate means of having it.

16 Likes

It’s good to be the king.

5 Likes

Holy fucking shit.

8 Likes

Yeah, we’ve all been especially good this year, Santa.

5 Likes

Considering that the client would have been the POTUS, the stink has to be pretty bad to walk away from that gig…

3 Likes

It doesn’t look good to start bad mouthing an investigation in which you are implicated and looks like a lot of the GOP is implicated.

11 Likes

Later in life I was traumatized by Notes and Domino.

3 Likes

If any of the lawyers were included in any of the messaging, they have their own personal jeopardy to worry about. Being included in a criminal conspiracy, doesn’t make the conspiracy safe via Attorney-Client privilege, it makes the attorney a defendant as part of the conspiracy.

But yeah, they have no legal leg to stand on with this. It purely for the PR game the Trumpers are running. And its another data point, pointing in the direction that Trump is going to try something really stupid like firing Rosenstein or Mueller next week.

20 Likes

Exactly

1 Like

Mueller’s getting close.

Shit’s getting deep.

Rats and assholes are panicking.

Soon, they’ll be jumping ship and bleating that “we knew all along that it was wrong.”

10 Likes

I dunno…I still dream of what could have been if Novell had bought Lotus. NDS+Notes = Exchange never getting off the ground. Or pretty much any of the MS networking stuff.

4 Likes

These white-shoe guys already have the house, the vacation house, the other vacation house, the sailboat, the kids at ivies, anything they ever wanted. If you want publicity for its own sake, for the dopamine rush, then fine. But he’d be bottomless aggravation and agita. And you’d probably lose in court, which these guys don’t like to do. If I were successful enough of a lawyer to do it I wouldn’t do it.

9 Likes

That’s because only crappy lawyers will represent them.

Exhibit A of their crappiness: the conversation of the case on a public sidewalk cafe where it could be overheard by third parties

11 Likes

Delay, deflect, settle for pennies on the dollar. The Trump method.

And don’t forget…

2 Likes

It matters if they write that you were convicted.

8 Likes

Isn’t it odd that his lawyers send a letter to Congress to complain, but the proper place to file a complaint is the courts. If Mueller did not have the authority to obtain the e-mail, accuse Mueller in court not Congress, who are Trump’s political hacks.

18 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available