Discussion: Trump's Likely Victory With GOP Tax Overhaul Overshadowed By Russia Probe

1 Like

Roy Moore, the DISGRACED former chief justice of Alabama’s supreme court,

FIFY

4 Likes

Slightly related - perspective by Garry Kasparov:

(click for a thread of tweets.)

5 Likes

hey tea party - remember how mad you were when the gubment bailed out the big banks, well now they’ve thanked you, the tax payer, in the only way they know how.
hey 45* supporters - remember in his campaign promises how he said that there would be tariffs to protect trade and American jobs - that’s not here. he lied to you. it’s not media distortion on his policy, he lied to you. he didn’t lie to the liberal elite - he lied to you.
hey congress - remember how important national security was to you? We actually fund a huge spy organization and homeland security organization to deter traitors and those who would harm this country - why are you supporting a man who would sell you all out in a heartbeat?
get back to me when you can, I know you’re busy

5 Likes

It’s time to laugh at PP again instead of getting our knickers into a twist over things out of our control. Everlasting thanks @thunderclapnewman

15 Likes

I SHOULD HOPE SO! (First of all, it isn’t a tax overhaul; Second, it hasn’t passed yet; Third, it pales in comparison to the significance of a foreign country interfering in our elections.)

8 Likes

As we age, we all see ourselves (at least a little bit) as we used to be. Trump is essentially bald with some hair around the fringes. We can see it, but he thinks he has us fooled - just like he does in terms of his intelligence, understanding of policy, aptitude for governing, health, relationships with women, etc.

10 Likes

Both Trump and Mueller practice “appropriate criminal process.” The difference is that for Mueller it’s following the rules regarding gathering evidence and conducting the investigation, and for Trump it’s stuff like colluding with Russians, money laundering, illegal campaign donations, etc.

3 Likes

Balding or thinning hair is no fun for either gender, but he goes to outrageous extremes to convince people what we know to be true isn’t. A short haircut kept trimmed would be a better look. But so would a shorter tie, a better fitting suit, a less orange skin and an occasional smile.

13 Likes

I would gladly accept his appearance just as it is, if he were even a remotely decent human being. Alas!

8 Likes

Oh yeah, we’ve had funny looking people before but his external ugly reflects the inner ugly. For a laugh, try this. donnie’s hair over the years, number five is revealing, literally.

4 Likes

10 Likes

Everything this shitshow of an administration does is overshadowed by Russia

7 Likes

Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin was doing a victory lap on the tax bill on the Sunday talk show circuit,

After the pathetic “analysis” of the Tax Scam Bill his Treasury Dept produced, Steve Mnuchin ought to have a normal person’s sense of shame and refrain from taking victory laps about anything he or this administration have done.

5 Likes
8 Likes

I’m not sure I agree with “legislative victory” . Sure he’s going to get his tax cuts but they are very unpopular with the American people and as soon as folks like Trump start raking it in due to them…they are going to be hated. He hasn’t done anything with majority appeal. Axing Net Neutrality is horribly unpopular as is shrinking national monuments. Sabotaging the CFPB and now the CDC both fail to hit 50%. Trump’s now the most unpopular first year president since tabs have been kept and none of these “legislative victories” are going to fix that.

8 Likes

The other recently hospitalized senator Cochran will be there ready to vote “aye” because Mississippi isn’t poor enough.

He’s at 57.5% disapproval and it’ll only continue to drop.

12 Likes

I’m hoping for a well aimed lightning strike.

5 Likes

“Why are you all so upset? I just got myself and my rich friends some huge tax cuts!”

4 Likes

Yeah, say that a little louder, Trump = some of your toothless methbillie voters didn’t hear it - you really need to let them know.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available