Discussion: Trump's Likely Victory With GOP Tax Overhaul Overshadowed By Russia Probe

The other recently hospitalized senator Cochran will be there ready to vote “aye” because Mississippi isn’t poor enough.

He’s at 57.5% disapproval and it’ll only continue to drop.

12 Likes

I’m hoping for a well aimed lightning strike.

5 Likes

“Why are you all so upset? I just got myself and my rich friends some huge tax cuts!”

4 Likes

Yeah, say that a little louder, Trump = some of your toothless methbillie voters didn’t hear it - you really need to let them know.

7 Likes

In just about every case, shaving it all off would look better. It not only avoids messy adhesive and precludes the possibility of bits falling out, but also projects confidence. That’s the thing about Trump, however–deep down he’s a deeply uncomfortable man who compensates with absurd braggadocio and cruelty.

Aside from drag queens, Wendy Williams is about the only person I know who pulls off wigs well.

1 Like

Just another one of them dern old longhairs.

Thin skinned, insecure, all those failings which come out as insults, belittling, etc., of others.

4 Likes

Anybody who sees every day life in terms of “vanquishing foes” daily must really feel beleaguered.

That actually makes me happy. He’s beleaguered both by Reality and by his own Created Reality.

5 Likes

I posted this in another thread but Cornyn and Lankford seem to be throwing a bit of cold water on firing Mueller.

ETA: There is no controversy over bias. It is a fabrication.

2 Likes

Yeah - I’m dying laughing here. Today the big piece was published in the Dallas News about how Russian money got funneled into the GOP = not just Trump. It really doesn’t look good when you’re trying to shut down an investigation in which you are implicated.

:joy:

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/commentary/2017/12/15/putins-proxies-helped-funnel-millions-gop-campaigns

10 Likes

Occasional smile… His face would break. Smirk is the closest he can get to a genuine smile, and it’s always a badge of his cleverness and stab at someone lesser than his greatness.

3 Likes

Can’t tell the legitimate tweets from the parody tweets.

3 Likes

Too true.

2 Likes

This piece is weighted heavily to right wing talking points with very little rebuttal from the Mueller team or the fact that WaPo has had to completely rewrite their article on this story from the headline to the last period. Why did TPM choose to run this piece? As an example of what is going down in MSM or what?

I’ve started subscribing to email updates from fivethirtyeight.com, and the one I got today has several articles from over the past few days. This link is to one from 12/11, the story is lengthy, full of data and graphs and such, but it puts the Mueller investigation into its proper context. Bottom line: it can’t be shut down. Catastrophic political events would ensue if PP even tried it, and he has no political goodwill on his side to mitigate any attempt and a disapproval rate of 57.5%.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/trump-will-have-a-hard-time-stopping-the-russia-investigation-even-if-he-fires-mu

3 Likes

Magnificent plumage.

1 Like

The IT guys around here know how to tell. Just examine the tweet’s parody bit.

2 Likes

“I don’t have any reason to think that the president is going to do that, but that’s obviously up to him,” said Mnuchin.

Actually, to the best of my recollection it’s up to Rod Rosenstein. Why bother with pesky facts?

1 Like

If trump does fire Mueller there will be an epic shit storm.
One nugget that seems to have slipped thru the cracks went by during Friday’s Rachael Maddow show. The Deutsche Bank got a couple subpoenas From Mueller this past week, I believe they are in reference to trump’s activity with that bank which means Mueller is looking at money laundering out of Russia which has been massive even without trump. Mueller may also have hold of trump’s tax returns. Trump’s lawyers will be talking to Mueller’s people this week. So they may get an ear full. Apparently the law is unsettled as to whether a sitting president can be indicted. We may be on the verge of finding out if he can be indicted.

2 Likes

I suspect that Rosenstein would resign rather than do the firing. That’s my assessment. It would be like a reenactment of Nixon’s “Saturday night massacre”.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available