Discussion: Watch A Trump Judicial Nominee Fail To Answer GOP Sen's Questions About Law

yeah, you guys are right. Dude should just be disbarred. Competence is Rule 1.1 in the code of prof. ethics for fuck’s sake.

4 Likes

Tell you what, he gets in a courtroom and is this uninformed a judge will file a grievance. I’ve seen that happen with a completely incompetent lawyer.

3 Likes

“Look” said the nominee testily “I was told that I could enact reforms that would take the justice system back to the good old days of the 1890’s. Why am I being pestered with these stupid questions? I want my government paycheck!”

1 Like

“Fruit of the poisonous tree!”
That’s how you can tell a Trump judicial nominee, because that’s the line they probably remember most from the show. Except I don’t think any of them have the talent to do a good Sam Waterston imitation.
And of course I wanted one! I could have been the Omarosa of the judicial system, getting paid big bags o’ cash for sitting around doing nothing but twiddling my thumbs and bringing 39 of my wedding guests to the courtroom.

1 Like

He will never get to that point. You said gets into a courtroom, I doubt the guy can find the address.

2 Likes

[No gender-sexism implied, please] ReThugs like to nominate and appoint “boys” (or “girls” I guess). They think they can control the dupes. Then they find out what screw-ups they are, after damage has already been done. It’s in effect a form of child abuse I suppose.

This shows us something that should surprise no one but donald trump: there are different kinds of lawyers who specialize in different kinds of work. My college friend R was great with contracts and pretty good at merger negotiations. My ex’s husband J was an artist with appellate briefs. Other friend L is “not too sweet to litigate” and apparently quite good at running the legal departments of educational institutions. Not for a minute would any of them claim to be able to do some other legal job at a high level.

1 Like

You’re correct, but it’s more like asking a writer what a verb and a noun is.

4 Likes

Okay, wait. It wouldn’t let me do that, but you can? Unfair! Very, very, very unfair!

4 Likes

@tena
@sniffit
@ncsteve
After 16 years at Borders and shelving Black’s Law Dictionary numerous times would I be a more or less qualified candidate than this guy? Or should I have read some Grisham?

4 Likes

The question I must ask, and I think that Tena - who is more informed about the law and more brilliant than I could be if I lived another 1000 years - would agree, is: “Where do they find these motherfuckers?!”

2 Likes

Any credit for ignorant bravery??

3 Likes

I’ve applied Bandaids. I’m qualified to be a neurosurgeon.

3 Likes

He shouldn’t. There are a million other things he can do with a law license and he needs to do something else besides practice law.

3 Likes

I’m surprised he could find his way out of the Senate bathroom.

2 Likes

The tl;dr: Steve just went full-Godwin.

3 Likes

“Notary Public” is out of the question. I don’t think he could figure out how to use the stamp.

3 Likes

Only if you used Neosprin first, otherwise just a cut man.

2 Likes

:laughing:

It’s hard to believe he made it through law school but I’ve seen some real idiots who made it through good law schools and I’ve seen them get disbarred, too.

3 Likes

There will be accident reports.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available