Discussion: Watch A Trump Judicial Nominee Fail To Answer GOP Sen's Questions About Law

Reminds me of a doctor I saw once when I was shopping for a doctor. He asked me what my father died from and I told him: myelofibrosis.

Myelo means blood. These are a set of cancers of the blood marrow. The doctor asked me if it was in his lungs. I said I’ll see ya, buh bye.

3 Likes

Anybody know what state he is licensed in? Assuming that he is licensed?

OMG, I have had that dream (where I have a court appearance and can’t find the courthouse or the courtroom). (And I’m not even in private practice anymore.)

2 Likes

Yeah, he tried to wing it. Just like Donnie Dumbfuck.

2 Likes

The unasked question has to be, “What the fuck have you done?”

It does look (and sound) like Kennedy at least is fed up with sub-par nominees from Trump.
Kennedy on the Talley nom:

“I had no idea his connection,” Kennedy said of Talley’s marriage to a White House staffer. “And he’s never tried a lawsuit in his natural life. And he’s gonna be on the federal bench? Give me a break. A break. It is embarrassing. And I think the president of the United States is getting some very, very bad advice.”

3 Likes

I mentioned above that both Petersen and his questioner, Senator Kennedy, made law review at UVA.

Know who else did?

Bob Mueller.

2 Likes

That’s just funny really. hahahaha

I should know better. I had a good friend on law review in law school and I had lunch with her after we were both out of school and she had gone to work for a law firm and at the time I was doing pretty much everything for a small firm and when I told what I was doing she said she had no idea what I was talking about when it came to actual courthouse nuts and bolts.

2 Likes

Good points all, but this line is the winner. Probably everyone who watched the video thought this.

Well, he wasn’t alone.

The (relevant committee of the) American Bar Association rated him “Qualified.” It was a unanimous decision.

thanks for that.
I d/n include the Google info in post.

And both lawyers graduated before this became the correct answer on the Evidence portion of bar
exam

1 Like

Once I realized he was hooked in with the Federalist Society, it all made sense.

3 Likes

No!
It’s the same ignorant bravery that lead both Dim Son and Orange Pustule Hitler to look in the mirror one morning and say “I…I can be President”. Now that is some Ignorant Bravery.

Reminds me of some I remember about the Sun and wax wings.

1 Like

I think Trump just has a list of names from the Federalist Society and he just goes down the list. What does he know about the judiciary except in terms of his own lawsuit history? And that wouldn’t have told him anything a president needs to know about making judicial appointments.

1 Like

Yeah, but look at the bright side: He has a whole lifetime appointment to learn all about this stuff!

1 Like

There are possible motions in limine before any particular witness goes on the stand, usually on evidentiary issues, or issues that may have been suppressed prior to trial, to ensure that the attorneys abide by the pre-trial admissibility rulings and does not inquire about X or Y. But yeah, this guy is supposed to be able to rule on these motions on the march. And even if his law clerks can and will do most of the heavy lifting and research, making a prompt decision requires some deeper knowledge or trial experience. Unlike Baseball, there are no Bench Coaches for Federal District Court Judges.

1 Like

They have. The Тяцшрistas don’t care.

1 Like

So funny…I just said that to my wife before reading your comment.

1 Like

Am I the only one that’s irritated by the fact that it was a Republican that questioned him on this?

Sniffit, I’m with you. We are well past the point where Democrats need to be seen as the calm, reasonable ones. Our democracy has been under attack for one year and the damage is incalculable. I thought George W Bush did serious damage to our nation, I still believe that. But his administration was child’s play compared to this morally bankrupt turd.

1 Like

But what if he is the judge?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available