Discussion: WATCH LIVE: White House Press Briefing At 2 PM ET

The Magnitsky Act was passed with an overwhelming majority. It had huge bi-partisan support. Where is the state department?

2 Likes

State responds

6 Likes

No. Fucking. Way. We, as a people, will not allow that. And we won’t be ruled by people who would.

4 Likes

Looks like that private meeting contains a few bombshells. I hope they blow up in Trump’s face.

3 Likes

It was passed during the Obama administration, when it was easy for Republicans to go hard on Russia, in order to prove their conservative, hawkish bona fides. At the time those hardline views weren’t at odds with a GOP White House. If Trump insists it be repealed, altered, whatever, all bets are off a Republican Congress would rebuff him and let it stand. After all, every one of them could go back home and say they were merely doing what their President requested of them.

1 Like

They will. They always do.

Always.

1 Like

Shine sure got an enormous shit show on his plate his first days/weeks on the new job. And of course he sends Sarah out there to deal with it instead of him. And you just know that trump couldn’t possibly like SHS because…trump. Her gig is due to something her father hacked up during the campaign, the evangelical vote guarantee or some such.

Who bellowed over April Ryan’s attempted follow-up question.

1 Like

I would (not) have enjoyed watching the feed (any) more (than I did even) had I read your comment first.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available