Discussion: WH: Trump Was Simply 'Stating A Fact' In Baseless Claim About Obama

2 Likes

Sanders did not respond to TPM’s questions about how frequently Trump delays contact with grieving military families for 12 days and counting.

I know the answer: For as long as the press doesn’t call him out on it.

45 Likes

I could certainly be wrong with these people, but I think it is highly possible that the word “fact” has now been officially dumbed down out of existence.

32 Likes

I just realized what type of manufacturing jobs trump is creating on our shores. They are manufacturing…their own version of the truth…and boy…they’ve got the third shift working overtime today.

It’s exhausting.

21 Likes

Sometimes they call, sometimes they send a letter, other times they have the opportunity to meet family members in person.

and sometimes

9 Likes

No Sarah he was not stating a fact. He just took an opportunity to bash President Obama and other former Presidents. Trump needed to make himself look better than his predecessors. All he needed to say was that letters were sent to the families of the soldiers killed in NIger. That’s it.

18 Likes

Trump and his entire administration are vulgarians.

11 Likes

Fuck you, Sarah. I hope when you hold your next (laughingly called) press conference, every non-Fox/Breitbart/InfoWars reporter there shoves their fists up your Christianist anal-retentive ass.
Go back to your original job in Arkansas, breeding with feral razorback hogs. At least I heard that was your former occupation. I don’t know. That’s what I was told. I’m simply “stating a fact”.

19 Likes

I can’t imagine that any of the families would want a call from a proven draft dodging coward who faked medical info to avoid doing his duty. This is one veteran who would tell him to go fuck himself.

24 Likes

Shamefully true.

1 Like

What, you expect him to give up 45 minutes of Tweeting to call the families of some dead guys? It’s not like they were gunned down personally by Hillary in BENGHAZI!!!

17 Likes

Are you sure? It’d be irresponsible to not speculate - Hillary may be gunning people down right now.

2 Likes

Trump’s response to questions about when he had reached out to the Green Beret families reminds me of the time a creditor asked me when I was going to pay a bill. “Oh, I already paid that bill; I guess you didn’t get it yet,” I said as I hung up the phone, wrote a check, and hurried to the mailbox to send the check to the creditor. This guy thinks like a 13-14-years old and is so self-centered that he has no idea of how effing stupid he looks and sounds.

9 Likes

If you read the article carefully, those letters have not yet been mailed. Therefore, you can be sure that none have been written yet. Sarah-the-Arkansas-Liar will most likely spend most of the afternoon writing the letters today.

23 Likes

Sarah Huckabee-Sanders better not get a stupid fucking cameo at the Emmys or anywhere else when this is over.

6 Likes

Testimonials and scans of personal condolence letters should be flooding Twitter. A huge response from families here would be really appropriate.

3 Likes

Beyond his disgusting lies and everything else, why does he have to bring up PBO at all?

Trump should call the families of the deceased if his conscience dictates or not…not to call would be offensive but completely his call.

For him to bring up Obama’s shows how obsessed he is with that great man. And how much he suffers in comparison.

13 Likes

I think she’s CGI.

2 Likes

I’m really glad Trump held a press conference. At least he is fulfilling one obligation! I wish he would hold a conference twice a week—no matter how idiotic his comments are.

2 Likes

“The President wasn’t criticizing predecessors, but stating a fact,” Sanders said in an email to TPM.

She lies, straight up, with no consequences. It’s up to the media to hold Sander’s accountable for the lies she tells, 9 months in to this Presidency and there still is no consequential pushback from the political press against the White House communication office.

Right now it’s safe to assume they’ll just keep reporting on the lies without doing anything else, for the remainder of Trump’s 4 year term, regardless if those lies are about or result in, the death of American citizens.

9 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available