Discussion: White House: Trump 'Disagrees' With Putin's Proposal To Question Americans

Also the president wants to say that while he appreciates Mr. Putin’s gracious offer to take Alaska and enslave all its citizens, this probably isn’t the best time to consider that particular option. Though we sure thank Mr Putin for taking the time to make this offer and will keep it in mind for the future. Thank you Mr Putin! Sorry if I’m going on too long with this and wasting your precious time. But I do want to express my gratitude. Thanks so much and sorry!

17 Likes

It took “TwitterTwat” (tip of the pin to House of Cards) four whole days (almost 5 accounting for the Helsinki time zone) to come around.

10 Likes

Sarah Huckabee Sanders said in a statement Thursday that President Donald Trump “disagrees” with Russian President Vladimir Putin’s proposal to haul in a list of Americans for questioning in exchange for giving the U.S. access to the 12 indicted Russian hackers.

(Sotto voce): “But Trump is open to negotiation; we’ll see what happens.”

11 Likes

On Monday during the press conference after the Trump-Putin summit in Helsinki, Trump called the idea an “incredible offer.”

8 Likes

He had to wait to get a transcript of the proposal and then have it explained to him, these things take time what with naps and all. s/

4 Likes

Laughable. If his trial balloon hadn’t gone up in a fireball like the Hindenberg, he’d have been pushing for this proposal like nobody’s business.

Setting aside all the crap about it indicating just how beholden to Putin he is, it also highlights in stark relief just how dangerously little he understands about any of these things. His inner world is a fucking cartoon and he projects it onto the real world.

25 Likes

Oh he disagrees, does he? How about saying fuck no from the get go? Anything less is unforgivable treachery.

Diplomats are the very face of American values to foreign leaders. They embody and project American power and strength across the globe. To consider sending them to an enemy country for possible prosecution, sentencing, and even death is beyond outrageous. And if he’s willing to send American diplomats, can ordinary American citizens he doesn’t like be far behind?

This is 1000x worse than his abjectly miserable performance at the press conference…and that’s saying something.

Impeach and Convict.
Impeach and Convict.

I can’t begin to describe how much I despise this guy.

21 Likes

Barron?

1 Like

He “disagrees,” after days of deliberation, with a proposal that would surrender our sovereignty and hand over innocent citizens to a foreign dictator so they can be tortured and killed.

Thanks a lot, Two Scoops. What a leader. All this because you’re too goddamn stupid and oblivious to pay any attention to what’s being said to you or understand its horrific implications, you half-wit weakling. #MAGA

19 Likes
4 Likes

No cartoon, no cartoon, you are a cartoon!

5 Likes

I don’t see the conflict or confusion. If it really was an “incredible offer” then it stands to reason that Trump had no alternative but to disagree with it.

1 Like

Sure. Up until Pooters yanks his choke chain.

1 Like

Young Julian seems to have missed a number of interesting cases …

1 Like

In any single week Trump offers up more opportunities for derision and bewilderment than any President serving two terms did in their entire 8 years in office.

11 Likes

Fascinating historical artifact. This may be the only time anyone’s ever imitated Fred Schneider’s none-dare-call-it-singing.

3 Likes

“It is a proposal that was made in sincerity by President Putin, but President Trump disagrees with it,” Sanders said in a written statement.

She can’t be quite that stupid.

“Hopefully President Putin will have the 12 identified Russians come to the United States to prove their innocence or guilt.”

Apparently she has no idea what the word “hopefully” means, either, but illiteracy is not a moral failing so in these parlous times we can let it slide.

7 Likes

Are you referring to Assange?

Sanchez, as quoted.

She was born for this moment.

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available