Discussion: White Nationalists Are Feeling The Squeeze After Charlottesville Debacle

Ah yes those brave and valiant 16 competitors were too elitist to handle the dirt of the 17th.

2 Likes

Tina Fey

17 Likes

Haha. It sounds like Mar-a-lago might be way over-priced for them.

BTW, I imagine Mar-a-lago is overpriced and under-delivered. I spent several days at the Trump golf property on the Potomac (my son played in a junior golf event held there a few years ago).

They fed us breakfast, lunch and dinner the whole week. If you want to get some idea about what the soul of a country club is, all you have to do is eat their food.

Honestly, the food wasn’t just disappointing…it was truly crap. You’re always gonna get rubber chicken at a banquet, but their rubber chicken was particularly hard to chew. The lunch lines had plastic utensils and paper plates and those little salt and pepper packets…sounds snooty, but you just don’t ever see that sort of thing at high end venues.

I can’t say I was surprised by the low quality for such an “illustrious” Trump property, because back then I had him pegged as the poser he is. Still. I do wonder what Mar-a-lago’s banquet business churn is. I bet its higher than normal.

7 Likes

Add Tucker Carlson and Fox News to any suit seeking damages for white nationalist violence.

8 Likes

Hard to imagine that the tone could get any lower.

4 Likes

An Idea Whose Time Has Come?

Civil War Monuments at Selected Battlefields (could be any, if nearby towns and cities agree to participate)
Proposal: Creation of sites that accurately commemorate and consecrate those who died there and why they did
Rationale: The Civil War is in some sense not over yet. We need to put it to rest in a way that heals wounds while it teaches
Entrance: Bronze of freed slave family, shackles lying on ground near ankles, sculpture of black men and women, white men and women moving together today on same street in recognizable town near battlefield, figure of Abraham Lincoln, Gettysburg Address
Wall: With names of all union and confederate soldiers who died on that battlefield (with technology ensuring additional names can be added as verifying evidence emerges)
Bronze of battlefield: With men from both sides fighting, dying, dead on that battlefield (no evident winners even if the union or confederacy prevailed on that particular battlefield on that day and no glorification of any general, union or confederate). That day belongs to the soldiers who died alone
Photographs
Non-glorifying sculptures of generals who led particular battles (all statues venerating confederate generals removed from other public places to these sites)
Funding: Both private and public. Big corporations might be willing to contribute significant funds at this time, given recent events. Need to take advantage of this moment

Out of the ashes, healing and hope?

4 Likes

Maybe the boys will start a more wallet friendly list of properties, can’t have Son #1’s new friends mixing with de facto owner’s friends and clients.

1 Like

Excuse me? What are you talking about?

I gather that you, yourself, are not a “lefty.” So what, exactly, are you? And what do you mean, were were “you lefties” hiding before 2016?

5 Likes

“There are already services stepping up to accept the money that paypal and the like dont want,” Rex said in an email. “Those companies that started refusing us service created an opportunity for tech savy [sic] individuals to profit by not being offended by the truth.”

So wait: These guys have all the access to free money sites for payments, but the legal marijuana businesses are subject to anti-racketeering laws and can’t use the banking or free money site?

Something about that is screwed up…

9 Likes

And maybe someday the feds will treat them as such.

3 Likes

So they will go to the IRA mode and promote anarchy in the form of the American Republican Army. It is no surprise that terror is the means to their end. It always has been.

As Tina Fey said in her soliloquy on SNL (it’s on line, and very funny. And accurate.), there are 250 militias in the US. They are self-trained. Sounds familiar to those of us who remember the regular bombings in Northern Ireland.

8 Likes

Ever notice that the Alt-Right appears to be a thuggish street gang led by the socially awkward kids in the upper middle class. Kids who are vaguely aware they aren’t as good as daddy, but don’t have any understanding that to be successful you have to back away from the play station and actually work.

Yes there are some genuine children of the lower middle class, but most of them are Alt-Right foot soldiers inflicted with the same failure to appreciate hard work.

4 Likes

…most of them are Alt-Right foot soldiers inflicted with the same failure to appreciate hard work.

And yet, when the Left does protest, e.g., the Womens’ march in DC last January, the accusations from the Right are ‘don’t these people have jobs?’.

It is a bit hypocritical, isn’t it?

8 Likes

Another terrorist outfit radicalizing our disaffected youth? If only we could convince these punks to square off against the other bunch of fundamentalist losers, Daesh.

2 Likes

I notice the cowards still won’t give their names in many cases…we should make it our business to find out who those hiding out really are…daylight provides disinfection.

4 Likes

These guys are always going to be hurt and confused when they get exposure and people react negatively. That’s because they just don’t grasp how much they’re a bunch of dateless wonder thuggish morons who suck. Listen up, guys, Donald Trump is a suckful moron too, and normal people will always be repulsed by him and you. I hate to tell you this–OK, no I don’t, I fucking love it–but at least it may bring some clarity to you and lessen that confusion a bit. You’re welcome.

10 Likes

Arnold Schwarzenegger:

9 Likes

I wonder when was the last time any of these kids went on a date?

2 Likes

Guess these fuckers are going to have to buy stamps to communicate or use up their precious minutes phoning each other.

1 Like

We need Woody Guthrie now.

12 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available