Discussion: White Nationalists Are Feeling The Squeeze After Charlottesville Debacle

“We used to have our meetings in first class hotels, convenient to airports, convenient to international travel,” he said. “Now we’re really limited to public facilities. That’s a huge blow; it’s a huge setback.”

So, you’re only in it for the first class hotels?

You are not only a Nazi, but a whiny Nazi at that. What a moron.

6 Likes

There is no difference between Tucker, Sean, Bill, or any other Fox talking head and the Nazi Party (GOP) of America.

3 Likes

There is a sea change happening in the country among about 60%-65% of the population. We are fighting our own civil rights movement. This is the 1960s redux.

However, like the 60s, there are 35%-40% of the population who are morally corrupt and are doubling down with the racists. I do not think the resolve of the latter is as strong as the determination of the former. However, when you layer on top of that our dysfunctional political system which the GOP has both rigged and aligned a strategy to, it amplifies the voices of treason.

We have been in a long cold civil war with the right since the 70s, but as people from the WW II era die off, as diversity increases, and the economic productivity and wealth of the country concentrates in the bluer areas, and the country becomes more of a meritocracy, the right has become more thoroughly radicalized and controlled by its most extremist elements. It’s true that if Jeb Bush or Marco Rubio had won the 2016 election, we would not be seeing this level of societal dysfunction. But Trump has tapped into an America that has always been there: a scared, ignorant, hateful, and racist streak which is geographically dispersed and electorally significant.

Despite all of this, we have the power to end Trump’s reactionary movement by registering to vote and voting. The votes are there. We cannot be divided or distracted. That is our biggest challenge. Steve Bannon’s frightening interviews this past week are all about dividing the coalition of the left based on issues like race, trade and foreign policy.

With the GOP voter base hopelessly corrupt, the Democrats are going to need to get a big turnout of an unwieldy coalition. That remains a challenge for us.

11 Likes

They all seem so proud and righteous. I wonder why they insist on only giving their first names or pseudonyms. It’s almost like they’re ashamed of their beliefs, or what they’re doing.

3 Likes

http://college.usatoday.com/2017/08/17/michigan-state-is-3rd-university-this-week-to-turn-down-richard-spencer-event/

7 Likes

I think these dumb fucks need to go live in a racial war torn country for a bit before they start asking for one.

6 Likes

Roger Taney statue removed from grounds of Maryland Capitol overnight

5 Likes

For many of them, I think it was as recently as never.

8 Likes

Unless a bottle of lotion counts a “date”

4 Likes

Yeah. They’re the IRA. Right.

The IRA was fighting ACTUAL foreign occupiers. Not judging them as positive or negative, just not equivalent.

3 Likes

We have Terrorist Watch Lists; No-Fly Lists; Sexual Predator Lists; Etc.

It’s time for national law-enforcement database for White Supremacists/ Alt Right and Neo-Nazis that agencies anywhere in the country can access.

3 Likes

the # of available entendres in that comment is remarkable…

2 Likes

I get a funny feeling watching reruns of that poloboy torchlight rally take over the statue from the counter-protesters who had set up there ahead of the event, as if violence was inevitable regardless who showed up…

The early-birds inevitably became the surefire victims of that fire and fury, but if they had not been there, I would almost wager, without a victim to beat on, somehow they would have turned on each other in their frenzied hunt for a rabbit to dogpile.

This kind of mob fury HAS to have a victim, like a samurai once-drawn has to shed blood or the warrior is shamed, when these goons get together, if we don’t offer them an “alt-left” sacrifice to slaughter somehow, they’ll eat one of their own…

“MEAT’S BACK ON THE MENU, BOYS!!!”
…or something like that.

but is it over-insured?

1 Like

Oh shit I don’t even know who he is, now how will I learn?

4 Likes

That’s a very good idea - it has always bothered me that civil war monuments always glorify the generals but never honor the men who died. No other war monument does that - every war memorial in every small town has the names of their men who died in war.

1 Like

I think there are a lot of great magazine articles about it, like even cover stories, just can’t find them on google…weird…

Complete repudiation. Couldn’t have happened to a more grotesque ideology. Right up there with . ISIS. Congrats losers.

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about this for some time, and i’ve not yet said anything about it because i know it is dangerous. That said, no time like the present, so here goes.

The volume and source of the alt-right uprising we’re seeing now is pretty much unlike any revolting uprising we’ve ever seen in this nation. Go back in time far enough, and i’m sure there are comparisons to today, but those of us younger than boomers, this is all new territory for us. So, the questions become, Why now? And Why this particular cause? The dangerous answer is Barack Obama.

This answer does not place any blame of any kind on our previous legitimate President, but from a white nationalist’s POV, they have just emerged from living through 8 years of pure hell, being subjected to the leadership and authority and the wisdom of a man and his family who perfectly fulfill their prophecies of doom for this country. When a black man becomes the leader of the free world, and when a black man is able to earn so much respect from so many people in this country and around the world, that is the embodiment of the beginning of the apocalypse. And, his election to that position made his rise to power entirely legal under our laws, so they had no choice but to stew in a boiling pot of hatred until a savior came along to free them from their pent-up misery and loathing. That savior was Donald Trum p. He knew the code words to use. He was one of them. And better yet, he was running against a WOMAN! There was no way that the alt-right was about to live through 8 years under a black president, and another 4 to 8 years under a woman president. They would not let that situation happen to themselves, or to the country. So, they took it back. With encouragement from their new Dear Leader. What we’re seeing now is the result of 8 years of pent-up anxiety and hatred toward anyone with a different religion, or with brown skin. The demonstrations of their anger have not been tolerated by society, until now. Now they have a President who sympathizes with their cause, and they feel free.

It becomes especially dangerous to consider where we’d be today if Barack Obama had not been president, but for the sake of argument, any other white male, as has always been the tradition in this country. Even if that President had been a Democrat, i do not think that we would be witnessing the volume of the uprising of the alt-right like we are right now. If Hillary Clinton had won the last election, i also do not think that we would be witnessing the extremes of this uprising today, but rest assured, when order was eventually restored by a white male, then we would see the same backlash against women that we are now seeing against the black race. This backlash is evident in the presence in leadership of Paul Ryan and Mike Pence. Women threaten their sense of moral stability, so they choose to legislate against their personal insecurities rather than resort to violence, but the ideology is the same as the KKK’s insecurities about sharing their world with non-Aryan races.

Bringing in Josh’s recent discussions about the recent rise in white male suicides, i think this theory also fits in well.The world of middle-aged white males has been disrupted. Whether it be economically, or by the imposed violation of any self-adopted prejudice, this new world has become a place of love it or leave it. Several of them have decided not to leave it, just yet, but to fight for what they believe is right, which is a return to traditional rule by selected white men. It is their fight that we’re seeing now. They have the support of the leader of this country, and their leader has support from the leader of Russia. Together, they feel more powerful now than they have within any racist’s lifetime outside of Nazi Germany, or 1950s America. But, just like the rise of the 3rd Reich, their time now is temporary. They are a minority, and they cannot stop the course of history from changing for the better.

TMI, perhaps, but that’s what i think.

7 Likes

OMG, thank you for sharing that clip!!!

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available