Discussion: ABC News: McCabe Oversaw Criminal Probe Of AG Sessions Senate Testimony

2 Likes

Is it typical for the FBI to investigate the AG? Or the DOJ?

18 Likes

One unnamed source told ABC News that Sessions was not aware of the probe when he fired McCabe last week…

Yeah. Right. Just like Sessions was unaware of his contacts with Russians during the 2016 campaign.

86 Likes

So there we have it. A clear conflict of interest and, quite possibly, obstruction by Sessions. There’s no way a sitting AG wouldn’t know he was being investigated, especially because Republicans on the Hill knew.

And unless I’m missing something, this was an FBI investigation - not a Mueller investigation - so I see Sessions’s attorney’s response as misdirection.

Talk about “lack of candor”.

73 Likes

17 Likes

Where does it end?

11 Likes

The only reason Mueller has not already indicted Jeff Sessions for several crimes including lying to congress is that an indictment would force Sessions to resign as AG allowing Trump to appoint someone who would then fire Mueller.

28 Likes

Hmmm, who leaked this? It makes me think there’s a party that wants Sessions to resign. I wonder who that could be?

Somewhere, an exiled Al Franken almost smiled…

20 Likes

ABC News mentions “unnamed sources”. Dollars to donuts it’s Mccabe’s people. This is why you don’t shit on the FBI needlessly. The gloves are definitely off and this juicy morsel is probably just the tip of the iceberg.

34 Likes

Or the AG is wearing a wire!

30 Likes

I thought it would be Trump loyalists. Firing Lil Beauregard without having to actually fire him.

10 Likes

Laughing or crying? Or both?

5 Likes

“The Special Counsel’s office has informed me that after interviewing the attorney general and conducting additional investigation, the attorney general is not under investigation for false statements or perjury in his confirmation hearing testimony and related written submissions to Congress,” Sessions’ attorney, Chuck Cooper, told ABC News.

If true, fine. But, Sessions could still be on the hook for conspiracy to violate campaign laws, obstruction of justice (including that related to his confirmation testimony) and just being a vile, racist, anti-LGBTQ, drug-phobic prick.

27 Likes

And this year’s recipient of the prestigious John Mitchell award (a signed photograph of Martha Mitchell) goes to…

13 Likes

As far as I know being a Republican is not yet illegal.

12 Likes

That is becoming debatable.

5 Likes

Laughing

This is why

Short answer: the idea was, Sessions gets fired, if he didn’t sack McCabe. Unfortunately folks didn’t foresee Sessions walking in Trump’s footsteps

6 Likes

completely unrelated but Hawking would be so proud to be on huffpost along with these two other articles

5 Likes

Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, who was fired by Attorney General Jeff Sessions last week, himself oversaw a criminal investigation into Sessions’ testimony to Congress in early 2017, ABC News reported Wednesday.

41 Likes

Good grief. We have some very small puerile people running this country.

11 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available