Discussion: Bannon Says Racial Politics Help Trump In Wake Of Charlottesville Rally

Please call it morally bankrupt and destructive to a healthy US, but this is not deluded. Bannon shows a very firm grasp of the Southern Strategy that has been used successfully since the Civil Rights momevement to crush Democrats across the country. Fear and resentment over racial equality has been a driving factor of American politics, because it is a driving factor for the majority of America, including Democrats and definitely independents. Just look at the polls that show even after Charlottesville a majority of citizens still oppose taking down Confederate monuments. Don’t write this off as deluded. This is serious.

2 Likes

11 Likes

Damn shame. Seriously, with this thread, I’d like to ask Bannon how it helps Trump that a huge segment of society, including a lot of bigwigs, are just recoiling in disgust. I don’t think you can rewrite the rules enough to make that helpful. Emboldening the scum in any society is just not a good move from the non-scum perspective.

17 Likes

“He then won a landslide victory on a straightforward platform of economic nationalism.”

1.) No landslide victory electoral college or not;
2.) A platform of “economic nationalism” = racism.

12 Likes

Yeah. He looks like he should be standing on a concrete median in a Tucson intersection with a cardboard sign saying, “Will be agent provocateur for food.”

10 Likes

Wow! Does that make atonement challenging?

3 Likes

Bannon proves himself to be as politically astute as Mark Penn. And that’s a good thing! (H/T: M. Stewart, ex-felon)
Yeah, Steve, racial politics are really helping Trump right now. You can tell by the millions marching in the streets to show their support for him as they lay flowered wreaths around the Confederate monuments you and he love and defend so dearly.

10 Likes

Shmegegge.

3 Likes

Yeah, I don’t think it’s going to do a lot for Mnuchin’s or Cohen’s post-Trump career. Remember the good old days when Jews wouldn’t dream of voting Republican? But since we live in the the great U.S., money speaks louder than anything apparently.

3 Likes

My favorite one! I forgot about it.

1 Like

Dead Man Walking Whistles Past Own Graveyard.

Film at 11.

4 Likes

Putz does fine too.

1 Like

Bannon’s instincts are evil, elevating hate, debasing the Presidency, and putting narrow, divisive emotions over the interests of the nation. Firing Bannon would only be the beginning of a clean start.

1 Like

No, it IS deluded. Why? Because a majority of the country is not buying this from the perspective of being legitimate. What Bannon is proposing, that a majority of Americans are in favor of bringing back White supremacy is a fantasy. I have no idea what polls you’re referring to but what I’ve physically seen with my own eyes tells me that most of the country isn’t in favor of going backwards.

Also, for some reason, you’re conflating “delusion” with “non serious.” They aren’t the same.

Fear and resentment over racial equality has been a driving factor of American politics, because it is a driving factor for the majority of America, including Democrats and definitely independents.

You genuinely have no idea who the base of the Democratic Party is, do you?

8 Likes

The minute Trump’s gagged stinky shit leaks out the other end of the bag…

“He then won a landslide victory on a straightforward platform of economic nationalism.”

In what warped world is losing by over 3 million votes a “landslide victory”?

9 Likes

1. Though he won the EC (when it mattered) ‘45’ didn’t win in a landslide.

2. ‘45’ won, because a former FBI Director probably never thought that a former Utah Congressman (and now Fox News Analyst) would play him like a fiddle.

3. HRC didn’t really use that ‘Deplorables’ comment to its full advantage.

“As long as the Democrats fail to understand this, they will continue to lose,” Bannon added. “But leftist elites do not value history, so why would they learn from history?”

Bannon works for a man who a) believes that Andy Jackson could have prevented the Civil War and b) thought that Frederick Douglass was alive in February and then there’s Conway and Miller.

Looking on the ‘bright side’, he likely meant every word from that Prospect interview.

(edited)

8 Likes

Anyway, Bannon is a Leninist in approach.
He would be happy if his minority of white “Bolsheviks” seize power.

2 Likes

I have no doubt that some portion of them are going to try. After they’ve gotten a taste for power and celebrity, they aren’t going to want to go back to obscurity.

3 Likes

then he better put last year’s win in a ‘snow globe’, because at the rate that they are going, there are way too many political ‘blizzards’ looking at this administration.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available