Discussion: Collins 'Very Disappointed' In Trump's Decision To End O'Care Subsidies

Spare me the kabuki tears Collins. Your party owns this. You own this. Period.

3 Likes

Listening to Collins tends to give me the same feeling I had when I was six years old and my older brother tried to push my head through a bowl of oatmeal; everything from her language to intonation is suffocating.

1 Like

Then she can write Trump a STERNLY WORDED LETTER. That oughtta do the trick.

5 Likes

Part of me thinks she’s going to pull an Arlen Specter and switch to Democrat. My initial reaction would be to react positively, as anything that hurts the Republican majority would be good for the Democrats…But she’s the sort of weak, milquetoast politician that the Dems have far too much off already.

I hope we do win back the House next year, but even if we do, those new members won’t take office until Jan 2019. So even if an Obamacare Repair bill is immediately passed by the House and Senate in 2019, and either Trump signs it or his veto is overridden (an even steeper climb), there’s going to be a lot of damage to the markets in the meantime.

Just how badly the Obamacare exchanges will have crumbled by then, I don’t know. Could be pretty badly, maybe almost completely. Because it’s not just this factor, there’s also Trump’s Executive Order that could result in more younger, healthier folks opting out of the Obamacare exchanges and going for cheap “junk insurance” through Association plans and “short-term insurance” plans (leaving older, sicker people in the Obamacare exchanges, leading to skyrocketing premiums there). And weakening enforcement of the mandate, and whatever else they can cook up to undermine the system and create the very “implosion” they keep pretending is “inevitable.”

Sadly, I suspect things are going to get a lot worse before they get better. And they probably won’t start getting significantly better until at least 2021 – and of course that’s only if Trump is defeated (preferably in a landslide) and Democrats gain control of the House (and preferably the Senate, too).

4 Likes

Yes. That’s all she got.

Still more than I expected and better than most of her castrated peers.

2 Likes

Anyone know what exactly conservative means anymore?

2 Likes

I don’t want to paint too rosy of a picture. The best we can hope for in the short term is to minimize the damage.

2 Likes

T rump is destroying healthcare for so many people and the most they can muster up is “disappointment”? This is the most dysfunctional congress, senate,and executive branch EVER.

2 Likes

Near as I can figure is it is a synonym for a$$#0!e.

“Congress needs to step in, and I hope that the President will take a look at what we’re doing.”

Yes, Senator Collins, the Congress does need to take action. What are the odds that that might happen? Slim to none?

Well, I’m "very disappointed’ that you’re still in the Senate, taking space away from the Democrats. I hope we whip your ass in 2018.

Oh really, Collins? “Disappointed” is all you can muster for the thousands of people in your state who will suffer, go bankrupt and maybe die due to this needlessly cruel action?

Fuck your disappointment, Susan.

1 Like

I came here to write a comment calling her a milquetoast, but figured I should read existing comments to see if I was beaten to it. Yup. I guess I’ll have to resort to pantywaist.

2 Likes

Why Trump’s Obamacare Sabotage May Backfire — and Give Millions Free Health Care

For Christ’s sake…would you people do something about this madman who is literally killing Americans with his strident stupidity.Is it too much to ask that we have a President who does not willfully hate our citizens?

1 Like

Republicans are stepping in it. They just can’t help themselves.

you think trump will still be president in jan 2019? i don’t.

1 Like

Sadly, I do think that Trump will probably finish out his 4 years…

Of course that will depend on what Mueller finds, and how the 2018 mid-terms go.

But if I had to bet, I’d bet that Trump manages to hang on.

Because although impeachment only requires a simple majority in the House, conviction and removal from office would require 2/3 of the Senate. And the only way I see that happening is if Mueller finds crystal-clear evidence of Trump himself (not just his aides or allies) conspiring with Russia.

In other words, Mueller would have to find a smoking gun right in Trump’s tiny little hands. Could happen, but I doubt it.

resignation is a possibility too. he’s not having much fun and this ‘presidenting thing’ is a bunch of work.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available