Discussion: DHS Secretary Insists She Has Support From Trump To Combat Russia Threat

1 Like

Trump knows no votes were affected-- Putin told him so.

8 Likes

“I do,” she responded.

So bold, so strong, so convincing. Not.

6 Likes

She has his support as long as she doesn’t go near BFF Vlad, the election, the banking, or anything related in any way to collusion or…

Well, okay, she can make sure when the Russian Mafia rolls in, they don’t bring in illicit cans of borscht.

Other than that, ничто.

7 Likes

They need to ask her what she’ll do if there’s a repeat of Russian interference in the next election. Is she prepared to fully shoulder the responsibility?

5 Likes

Their aim is that there will not be another election, thus no need to worry about foreign interference with one.

5 Likes

Were there any Democrats from Missouri around? Because I think we need to know more about specific corrective actions taken or planned and not just have her assert a vague, general belief that she’s supported in the effort. Not buying that one when there are too many other reports of needed action not taken, funds not spent, all that.

7 Likes

She probably fully prepared to look in the other direction.

Unless, of course, they are helping Dems this time around. In which case, man the torpedos, full speed ahead!

2 Likes

I must say I’m overwhelmed by her passionate vigilance.

10 Likes

She’s allowed to say “nyet” any time she wants–in the privacy of her own home. That’ll show 'em.

1 Like

Sen. Martin Heinrich (D-NM)asked Nielson whether she feels the White House has given her enough support. “I do,” she responded.

Feelings, nothing more than feelings.

6 Likes

3 Likes

If she believes anything the Tangerine Tyrant says, she is sorely mistaken. Or she’s just another Trumpet, covering her own ass.

1 Like

Yeah, Trump really believes there’s a problem that needs addressed:

Jan. 10, 2018
Trump said at a press conference on the Russia investigation: “For 11 months, they’ve had this phony cloud over this administration, over this government and it has hurt our government, it does hurt our government. It’s a Democrat hoax”.

July 12, 2017
After meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin, Trump told Reuters in an interview that he asked Putin whether or not Russia meddled in the US election.

“I said, ‘Did you do it?’ He said, ‘No, I did not, absolutely not.’ I then asked him a second time, in a totally different way. He said, ‘Absolutely not.’”

Trump went on to acknowledge that “something happened.”

“Look. Something happened and we have to find out what it is, because we can’t allow a thing like that to happen to our election process,” Trump said. “So something happened and we have to find out what it is.”

About Putin, he said: “Somebody did say if he did do it, you wouldn’t have found out about it. Which is a very interesting point.”

Nov. 13, 2017
Trump said he spoke with Russian President Vladimir Putin and that he had assured Trump that there was no interference in the campaign.

“I asked him again,” Trump told reporters on a flight to Hanoi. "You can only ask so many times… He said he absolutely did not meddle in our election. He did not do what they are saying he did.

“I really believe that when he tells me that, he means it… I think he’s very insulted, if you want to know the truth,”

Sept. 27, 2017
After Facebook disclosed that there was Russian ad activity on it’s platform, Trump tweeted that the “hoax continues.”

Trump Tweet
April 30, 2017
On CBS’ “Face the Nation,” Trump said that if you don’t catch a hacker in the act, it’s hard to tell who actually did it.

“Knowing something about hacking, if you don’t catch a hacker, okay, in the act, it’s very hard to say who did the hacking,” Trump said. “With that being said, I’ll go along with Russia. It could have been China. It could have been a lot of different groups.”

The president then went on to call allegations that his campaign colluded with Russia a “phony story.” When asked whether Russian meddling in the election was phony, Trump said: “That I don’t know. I don’t know.”

6 Likes

Dereliction of duty. If a grid goes down on her watch she must hang.

1 Like

Trump has acknowledged the meddling but that he has emphasized his belief that no votes were changed as a result.

A belief, by definition, is not based on proof so that statement offers no comfort. Even if true, influencing votes by spoon feeding propaganda to a targeted group that is known to be readily susceptible to manipulation is just as damaging and determinative of the result as changing votes after the fact. By all indications the DT maladministration has studiously avoided addressing that problem.

If President Trump is looking at you do not assume that he supports you, or even hears and understands anything you are saying.

Three people in a meeting with the President - who does he look at more frequently?

2 Likes

She’s a Republican. Do bears use indoor plumbing?

4 Likes

Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen said on Wednesday morning that President Donald Trump has supported her efforts to prepare for and combat future election meddling by Russia.

And those efforts would be…???

1 Like

Himself in the mirror?

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available