Discussion: DHS Secretary Insists She Has Support From Trump To Combat Russia Threat

3 Likes

If she believes anything the Tangerine Tyrant says, she is sorely mistaken. Or she’s just another Trumpet, covering her own ass.

1 Like

Yeah, Trump really believes there’s a problem that needs addressed:

Jan. 10, 2018
Trump said at a press conference on the Russia investigation: “For 11 months, they’ve had this phony cloud over this administration, over this government and it has hurt our government, it does hurt our government. It’s a Democrat hoax”.

July 12, 2017
After meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin, Trump told Reuters in an interview that he asked Putin whether or not Russia meddled in the US election.

“I said, ‘Did you do it?’ He said, ‘No, I did not, absolutely not.’ I then asked him a second time, in a totally different way. He said, ‘Absolutely not.’”

Trump went on to acknowledge that “something happened.”

“Look. Something happened and we have to find out what it is, because we can’t allow a thing like that to happen to our election process,” Trump said. “So something happened and we have to find out what it is.”

About Putin, he said: “Somebody did say if he did do it, you wouldn’t have found out about it. Which is a very interesting point.”

Nov. 13, 2017
Trump said he spoke with Russian President Vladimir Putin and that he had assured Trump that there was no interference in the campaign.

“I asked him again,” Trump told reporters on a flight to Hanoi. "You can only ask so many times… He said he absolutely did not meddle in our election. He did not do what they are saying he did.

“I really believe that when he tells me that, he means it… I think he’s very insulted, if you want to know the truth,”

Sept. 27, 2017
After Facebook disclosed that there was Russian ad activity on it’s platform, Trump tweeted that the “hoax continues.”

Trump Tweet
April 30, 2017
On CBS’ “Face the Nation,” Trump said that if you don’t catch a hacker in the act, it’s hard to tell who actually did it.

“Knowing something about hacking, if you don’t catch a hacker, okay, in the act, it’s very hard to say who did the hacking,” Trump said. “With that being said, I’ll go along with Russia. It could have been China. It could have been a lot of different groups.”

The president then went on to call allegations that his campaign colluded with Russia a “phony story.” When asked whether Russian meddling in the election was phony, Trump said: “That I don’t know. I don’t know.”

6 Likes

Dereliction of duty. If a grid goes down on her watch she must hang.

1 Like

Trump has acknowledged the meddling but that he has emphasized his belief that no votes were changed as a result.

A belief, by definition, is not based on proof so that statement offers no comfort. Even if true, influencing votes by spoon feeding propaganda to a targeted group that is known to be readily susceptible to manipulation is just as damaging and determinative of the result as changing votes after the fact. By all indications the DT maladministration has studiously avoided addressing that problem.

If President Trump is looking at you do not assume that he supports you, or even hears and understands anything you are saying.

Three people in a meeting with the President - who does he look at more frequently?

2 Likes

She’s a Republican. Do bears use indoor plumbing?

4 Likes

Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen said on Wednesday morning that President Donald Trump has supported her efforts to prepare for and combat future election meddling by Russia.

And those efforts would be…???

1 Like

Himself in the mirror?

5 Likes

Yes, right. Kirstjen Nielsen is the incompetent conservative bureaucrat that received the phone calls saying that levees in New Orleans had breached because was supposed to be in charge of arranging and coordinating the emergency response for George Bush the Dumber. She did nothing for days. Her incompetence and ineptitude were directly responsible for the thousands of deaths from Katrina.

We are depending on Kirstjen to save us from this unprecedented war on our democratic institutions and this Russian traitor that is Preshitident?

1 Like

Remember what happened to Rex when he gave it to Putin? I think Ms. Nielsen got the message loud and clear.

2 Likes

We really have judge this in terms of the President’s response to the hacking of our power (and other?) infrastructure. The way Drumpf mobilized the government’s resources to assist the effected industries’ efforts to rid their control systems of the Russian intrusion is surely a model for how he intends to respond to their alleged interference with our election system. Doubtless, we’ll see a comparable level of action once the problem has been adequately studied and our intelligence services have eliminated the possibility that it was, in fact, the work of a 400 lb. bed sitting on a man in its mother’s basement.

2 Likes

sanni1h
“I do,” she responded.

The President subsequently requested to see the alleged statutes regarding “bigamy.”

She doesnt want to be terminated via Twitter while conducting her morning toilette.

3 Likes

She is lying. Career beltway bandit/apparatchik.

1 Like

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA…yeah Kirstjen, you have ‘support’ right up until Donnie starts tweeting at you!

As long as it’s nothing but TALK, sure, you have his support.

Wait until you actually try to DO SOMETHING, that is when the pressure to stop will begin.

1 Like

When are we the people going to get the picture of these two pinky swear that Russia did not meddle in out elections?

Then she can show us what that support is. Certainly Trump outlined what he has done in the past year and what he intends to do going in to the Nov. elections. If she can’t produce that, in writing, then she’s simply lying.

Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen said on Wednesday morning that President Donald Trump has supported her efforts to prepare for and combat future election meddling by Russia.

That’s the problem. When it comes to Russia, we need efforts that Trumpp doesn’t support

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available