Discussion: House Dem: Plot To Oust Broadcast Board CEO 'Our Worst Nightmare'

How much further does NPR have to go, at least as far as their political reporting? They check in with DT voters every other week to ask them “Great, or the Greatest?,” and they couldn’t mention Hillary without some nefarious context.

It just hasn’t been the same since Click passed away.

3 Likes

Don’t Fox and Sinclair already do a bang-up job with propaganda?

7 Likes

You lose your free press, you lose your democracy. The first thing EVERY dictator does is shut down the free press and replace it with a propaganda machine. Putin just kills them.

Other than a nuclear war, there is no worse nightmare for our country. And this is an ongoing, active possibility.

5 Likes

It’s part of the gaslighting they are doing to everyone.

5 Likes

What? They have already tried to “come” at us and they have been outnumbered and routed every time since Charlottesville.

They are a bunch of whiny little bitches who will go back under their rocks once Trump is disgraced. They won’t go away, but they won’t have the attention any more.

6 Likes

Ironically it was all the Free press Trump got (to the tune of >$1billion worth) that has in the end threatened our democracy.

2 Likes

That’s right. My first reaction to this was, “Okay, how much do I have to care about this report? How much research do I have to do to fully understand what’s being proposed?” One thing I have to give Trump begrudging credit for is my deeper understanding of where all the nooks and crannies are in our government and how they can affect us on a day-to-day basis.

9 Likes

Trump: Let’s privatize VOA. We will get a great deal selling it to Sinclair Broadcasting. MAGA!

4 Likes

The FBI knows who they are. They do watch them. So do the Southern Poverty Law Center and the ACLU.

The Tea Party was a wholly owned subsidiary of the Koch Brothers.

2 Likes

Bit of a rock and a hard place. The right has gotten their way after years of relentlessly (though often falsely) attacking the press. The press responded with some sort of Stockholm Syndrome. And from what I can see, the complaints about the press from the left are mostly based on facts - NYT carrying water for Bush on the Iraq war, Chuck Todd saying Hillary was over prepared for the debates, NPR running numerous “Questions swirl around the Clinton Foundation” long after the questions had been answered with “No wrongdoing,” almost anything written or said by Chris Cillizza. I don’t think we should just sit back and keep our mouths shut.

I do sometimes think the press gets whacked by our side for things that are really the fault of voters, but I’m not sure that’s a large percentage of the complaints.

6 Likes

Free FaceBook propaganda is what did it. Not the Free Press.

3 Likes

You don’t actually expect republicans to be politically consistent when it’s in their own interest not to be, do you? For evidence to support my point, I would like to present the entirety of the Trump Administration.

5 Likes

Do NOT give Trump credit for a unexpected byproduct of this treasonous unmitigated disaster.

Give Karma a high five. And the Fates. They both HATE hubris.

3 Likes

Has it been a decade since I started saying that the GOP had reached the “nothing is off limits” stage of their white nationalist freakout? I think it has.

Fascism or bust.

5 Likes

Voice of America stood for something -America’s ideals - and was a source of hope and inspiration for millions. If Trump has his way, subjugated people across the globe may as well listen to RT or Pravda.

2 Likes

As Malcom Nance has repeatedly said, “This is straight out of Putin’s playbook.”

8 Likes

So The Voice of Russia?

"I wish my gloom and doom was only that. But I’ve been correct far too often to just say “Don’t worry be happy”.

I don’t care what the Bundys want - tell me when he wins.

Trump is not going to destroy the FBI. He isn’t Godzilla. Y’all talk about this like he’s invulnerable and this is an unstoppable juggernaut and he’s bullet-proof. That is not how it is. He is weak . He is going to be destroyed BY the FBI.

You want to spend your time upset over something that: hasn’t happened and you can’t control. Go ahead I can’t stop you but I don’t think that’s any way to live or to be effective if you do want to change things.

"

3 Likes

The irony about the FBI is that its reputation is indeed horrific. Just look at how monstrous it was back in the days of Hoover. Look at the civil rights activists it murdered ( https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-fbis-war-on-civil-rights-leaders ). The FBI routinely infiltrates peaceful protests and other civil rights orgs. But, Trump is going after it for all the wrong reasons. The FBI is not a warm, fuzzy group of Sesame Street characters; it’s the US equivalent to the old KGB. But again, Trump’s quarrel is that the FBI stands between him and total, unconstrained power. What a bizarre turn of the tables.

4 Likes

It sounds like he was home-schooled. His mother, in a FB post about five years ago, said she “officially graduated Mark from high school on Friday.” She added that he was thinking of taking some time off to think about what he wanted to do, maybe going on a mission trip.

I don’t think she ever imagined the horrific path he would take.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available