Discussion: Trump TV Ad Attacks Democrats, Media As 'The President's Enemies'

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to work in the Trump administration.” - Dom Santayana

17 Likes

But President Trump’s plan is working,

In a sense yes. It helped start a white power rally that resulted in the death of a non-white-supremicist, that’s what “winning” is to the Trump administration.

1 Like

When did America stop hating? We’ve hated indigenous peoples, slaves, Northerners/Southerners, immigrants, different classes, women, people of a different religion, hippies, peaceniks, LGBTQ, the disabled, Hispanics, Asians…

4 Likes

As opposed to the mother of her killer, who basically said, “What? He was a racist. Oh, I didn’t know. How could I know? I only raised him from birth. I though he was just going to a Trump rally. He just sold Nazi memorabilia to supplement his income from his paper route.”
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/alleged-driver-of-car-that-plowed-into-charlottesville-crowd-was-a-nazi-sympathizer-former-teacher-says/ar-AApUdhF?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

12 Likes

As a wise friend of mine once said, “America doesn’t have a problem with hate. America has a problem without hate.”

5 Likes

They all offered their services willingly. No one forced them.

6 Likes

Or, as Alan Shore (James Spader) put it, ‘All it takes for evil to succeed is for good people to say, “It’s a business.”’

10 Likes

“We’ll always have Paris”, coos Trump, quoting “Casablanca”, to his imaginary friend Jim.

1 Like

Passing thoughts

If we are not careful, these acts will let us slip into a firm for us or against us mentality with the average citizen. This is exactly what I think they want. Further polarization. Despite the individual incidents, I feel strongly this is an organized effort to destabilize us. Uncle Putey must be laughing up a storm at us.

They are attempting to incite a major incident that forces the hand of the counter point into serious violence. Once they get that, then it will be the main talking point and Trump will take action to put down this threat. This time, it blew up in their face, though as seen, they are trying to spin it to their favor and make the counter protestors the devil. I can see them trying to figure out a way to impose martial law or such.

I am also fascinated by the apologists for Trump cowardly response. They are filling in the blanks regarding the usage of Fascist, Neo-Nazi and White Supremist terminology. I wonder, if they are all so loaded with this mentality, why they would bother. Something is off here and not simply trying to mask the attitude. Some of them I do not think have hit the point of understanding what they are working for despite intense discomfort. So they are trying to make peace not realizing they are now part of the problem even it is not their philosophy.

And while Trump may be fostering and supporting these vile people, I do not believe it is because it is his belief. He wants to be king regardless of ilk. I am waiting for his supporters to march in front the White House in mass and pull a well organized Sieg Heil moment.

3 Likes

Last weekend I was on a flight back home to NYC from Denver. There was a troop of Boy Scouts on the plane. Well mannered young lads of various backgrounds. Some even had longish hair, or fros, who were coming home from a trip. About 3/4 of the way into the flight the pilot announced their presence, mentioned their troop number and where they were hiking and camping.
The entire plane erupted in spontaneous applause. You could tell it was just a simple polite way to respect the institution of scouting, honor the young men and subtlety stick it to Trump.

8 Likes

Trump is a racist and has always been a racist, as was his father. It IS his belief. It is in his fucking DNA. He doesn’t want to be “king”. He wants to be “Fuhrer”.

9 Likes

Venezuela has not ruled out a military response.

3 Likes

Um… I must have missed this “dismantling” of the Democratic Party. Please proceed…

2 Likes

I have a feeling Li’l Kim of North Korea is also laughing his pudgy ass off right now.

2 Likes

I guess I should have been more specific. The racism is a trait, I meant his affiliation withe the Neo-nazis and Supremists. There are a lot of racists out there that I suspect would not be attaching themselves to these people.

Definitely not suggesting he isn’t. Poor wording on my part.

I wonder if it is not a piece of the money-laundering efforts; have to wash the oligarchs’ millions somehow.

1 Like

Oh, really? Who? The GOOD racists?

1 Like

“Democrats, obstructing. The media, attacking our President. Career politicians, standing in the way of success. But President Trump’s plan is working…"

If his “plan” is to destroy the last shreds of respect for the Constitution and the office of the Presidency, it’s “working” all right. This is such a pathetic attempt to buoy up the Vulgar Talking Yam’s ego, it’s to laugh. He is such a sad little man…a pity he’s still the President. Hopefully, that will change soon.

6 Likes

Wow!

Speaking of inferiority! This is it to the extreme!

Yeah, I missed that, too. It must have happened while I was watching that 17 1/2-hour Director’s Cut Blu-ray of “Dances With Wolves”.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available