Discussion: WaPo: Kushner Asked Russian Envoy To Set Up Secret Moscow Backchannel

Rick Wilson suggested on his tweet feed that the Germans are extremely pissed off at Trump. Maybe it was them.

26 Likes

OH, COME ON!!! Everyone has a secret back channel to the Kremlin! Whatā€™s the big deal?

27 Likes

Can they do it by drone, just asking for a friend?

11 Likes

Flynn and Kushner were both at the secret meeting in Trump Tower with Kisliak in early December. Flynn may have served as a follow-up go between but Kushner was right there in the room when this meeting took place.

20 Likes

36 Likes

After this weekā€™s disgraceful display at NATO, it may well have been a collaborative effort from ALL of our NATO allies.

And there will be more - much more - in the coming days!

Believe me.

16 Likes

OT, watching Chris Hayes-I swear, my motherā€™s soul took up residency inside Maxine Waters. They looked nothing alike, but Auntie reminds me so much of her. The over-annunciation, the fiery rhetoric, the take no-MFing-shit attitude. Itā€™s all her.

37 Likes

When ever Nance is on TV my husband yells ā€œNanceā€ and I come running. Nance calls it like it is.

25 Likes

Yes, and itā€™s quite an awkward tightrope walk. If Trump pardons Flynn, then heā€™s off the leash. On the other hand, heā€™s not going to find any dirt on Bob Mueller and a conviction would be equally disastrous.

9 Likes

Yes I was wondering the same thing. Schindler also quoted some high level IC guy who said after Trumpā€™s behavior with the NATO allies that ā€œnow it is time to act.ā€ Maybe this is the Revenge of the Europeans. Or even better the beginning of their revenge.

16 Likes

In Soviet Russia, Jared goes to you!

17 Likes

Girl, Rachel would do this broadcast tonight from a freaking casket.

26 Likes

So this is based on what Kislyak said. Kushner will deny this. Then what?

2 Likes

Something tells me he canā€™t pardon his way out of this shitstorm

@pluckyinky - I know you miss your mom and Iā€™m glad that you get an occasional visual/auditory reminder of her. Who better than Maxine?

10 Likes

But thereā€™s a sale on these.

20 Likes

Response from 'the deplorables -

ā€˜See, see, we told you Obama was spying on our guys campaign!!!ā€™

16 Likes

If Kushner testifies that the conversation never happened and Kislyak was speculating, how do you pin him down? It is his word against someone elseā€™s. Unless Kushner was recorded saying other things implicating himself. I certainly hope he was.

This one needs to be recycled:

The Manchurian Candidate meets the Muscovian Candidate?

21 Likes

Ah maybe then they will refer to the RECORDINGS of their conversations. Miss that part of the story?
ā€œIntercepts of Russian communications show Ambassador Sergey Kislyak said Kushner suggested setting up the secure backchannel and even proposed using communications equipment in stateside Russian diplomatic facilities,ā€

10 Likes

Schadengasms can be dangerous!

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available