Discussion: What Comes Next After Senate GOP Delays Obamacare Repeal Vote

Speaking of the dimbulb from Indiana, just watched a MASH episode where Frank Burns called Hot Lips “mother.”

Is that a thing in Indiana, or did it used to be a thing in fucking 1952?

Heh.

Anyway, watching Cornyn on CNN, he said that the bill needs to have a vote because it’s been being debated for seven years. Trying to repeal it a gazillion times is debating it? WTF?!

I want to cut off all of his carefully manicured hair.

6 Likes

And then he shat his pants after passing out

3 Likes

Oh, I love Angus King talking about small hospitals closing if this travesty is passed. He’s been talking to his constituents.

I’ll take the independence of King over that of Sanders. One is actually concerned about doing his job.

10 Likes

I’ve no idea, but i would love to see Roger Walters response, if Pence reveals that he’s a Pink Floyd fan.

Suck on it, Yertle!

Posted this in another article thread, but fits well here…

I am glad to see the vote delayed, but still remain unconvinced it will not pass. The national outrage by left and right is just not there… even though the very real threat and horror to Americans is explicitly highlighted in the bill and the CBO score.

Given the scope of destruction built into this bill, there is enormous room for the GOP to negotiate with the few GOP senators pushing back. Some minor this or that can be revised and the very few objecting senators would say “See! I pushed back and made [this] better for you!”… and thus the GOP would get the votes needed to pass this massively catastrophic bill.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s been covered.

The fact that they tried to sneak the “leftover” funds into infrastructure or the next football stadium?

WOW.

2 Likes

CBS Evening News: “An embarrassing moment for Republicans.”

8 Likes

No, it’s not. Angus King is an intelligent man who doesn’t want the limelight. He’s much more credible than a man who has only recently decided where the money is.

To our detriment, btw.

6 Likes

Oh no! Wattle happen next?

4 Likes

You’d think these are the kinds of things they could have/would have worked out before the CBO scoring. They seem to think that putting something in writing makes it magically better than when it was idea that nobody could agree on.

2 Likes

Thank you–yet another GOP hatchet job on the English language.

Here it is:

I respect you, Senator King, and applaud your intelligence and the desire to do the best you can for your constituents.

Now Tweety has Franken. Another one in that mold.

7 Likes

Exactly. “Let’s kick it a few more times and then take its pulse.”

3 Likes

It’s a tradition for some posters here at TPM.

The thing is, that would require (a) constructive thought and (b) caring about people in general.

Sanders is a dead end.

5 Likes

What is the problem that the GOP is trying to solve with their healthcare plan?

Are they worried that the 1%ers do not have enough money and therefore are willing to take health insurance from 22 million and make grotesque cuts to Medicaid to solve that problem?

3 Likes

Currently on Outfront

Rand Paul vs Bernie Sanders

N Bernie just mentioned that he voted for the ACA.

4 Likes

A lot of people agree with a lot of what he says. Writing them off is not a good strategy.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available