Discussion: What Comes Next After Senate GOP Delays Obamacare Repeal Vote

Are you sure that it was after?

3 Likes

Yes for many of them. And some may truly think the invisible hand of the market will fix everything if itā€™s just freed from ā€œthe burden of regulation.ā€ Never mind all the evidence to the contrary.

1 Like

I agree with what he says, but he thinks it can just happen because everyone is like the people who love him in Vermont.

Um, no. And Sanders wasnā€™t at all willing to go out to ALL the people when he ran for president, which is why Hillary easily smashed him.

1 Like

What comes next? How about trying some of the things Jeffrey Sachs suggests?

3 Likes

No he doesnā€™t, yes he did, and no she didnā€™t (he gave her a good run for her money while showing what kind of campaign could win in the climate at the time).

1 Like

No.

I appreciate your adulation at the Sanders altar. But, no. He was always out of it - not quite like Trump - the other end of the spectrum, but no experience, and, oh brother, when what is going on now with his wife and him, that would have happened much sooner.

A disaster.

6 Likes

I think bribery is up next. Say 25mil offshore acct, with a get outta jail free card from Orange Inc. Anybody who makes multiple fake Time Magazine covers is not beyond the new Constitution Bashing agenda.

,www.rawstory.com/2017/06/trumps-golf-courses-have-framed-copies-of-a-fake-trump-time-magazine-cover-mounted-on-their-walls/

1 Like

Except that he lost by four million votes soā€¦

5 Likes

McConnell wonā€™t quit, that much we know.

We either give 'em hell from now until they bail on this pig or heā€™ll find a way to get it done.

Its massive ad campaign time. The people across the nation need to know and understand what this would mean.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Hard to tell due to McConnell engaging in pants shitting behavior on an hourly basis

2 Likes

ā€œHeā€™s a poker player,ā€ Cassidy said.

You gotta, know when to hold emā€¦
know when to fold emā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™m not too sure about that. I just donā€™t believe McConnell really, honestly cares one way or the other about healthcare, or getting rid of the ACA. I just donā€™t think itā€™s a thing that actually matters to him. I think itā€™s just a means to an end to get his tax cuts. The man is a soulless sociopath who would probably be just as inclined to expand Obamacare if he thought it got him something as he would be to kick 50 million people off health insurance. He just doesnā€™t give a damn who gets helped, who gets hurt, as long as Mitch McConnell gets what he wants. (keeps telling me body is too similar but itā€™s not posting)

7 Likes

Every time a bomb drops, a Trump becomes President.

It was two separate interviews and Paul went first.

If ya a masochist, then the Paul interview will come across as comedic.

Bernie held his own and he successfully defended the ACA.

Then Burnett asked Sanders about whether his wife was being investigated andā€¦his response was painful to listen to.

4 Likes

Maybe heā€™ll do it on July4 . DT will consider it to be the right of the King to literally blow shit up. The unfortunate cruise missile recipients will just have to have some really good healthcare. Civil War re-an-actors will use live ammunition etc.

It barely passed in the House with a much greater Republican majority.

6 Likes

Not mentioned often enough is that many women are able to give birth to their children because they have access to Medicaid and also access to prenatal careā€¦ Itā€™s impossible to imagine what women would do if they did not have access to hospital care.

5 Likes

Far from dead, the Bill doesnā€™t do enough damage. They will make it worse then pass it. Gotta keep the base happy.

I just wanted to add a comment to Joshā€™s excellent piece about Dana Bash and the false equivalency of pretending both Democrats and Republicans are seeking the same goal. Thereā€™s another aspect of the media coverage that I find just as troubling, if not worse. Itā€™s the false equivalency that both Democrats and Republicans went about it without input from the other party, they both went it alone. Thatā€™s simply not even remotely true.

Democrats tried mightily to get Republicans on board. They did everything they could including accepting over 100 Republican amendments. They held dozens and dozens of public hearings in which Republicans were included. It was done out in the open over the course of 15 months. Input from Republicans was not only heavily encouraged, their ideas were implemented in the plan. Not only that, the bill was debated on the Senate floor for nearly a month.

That is not what happened with the Republican bill. Democrats were purposefully excluded. Hell, women werenā€™t included and neither were a majority of Republicans. There have been no hearings, no floor debate, nothing. There has been not even a fig leaf of an attempt at bipartisanship as Republicans havenā€™t sought to include Democrats in any of it. In fact, theyā€™ve done their level best to exclude Democrats at every step of the entire process. The way Republicans have gone about this bill is the polar opposite of the Democratic approach in debating and passing Oā€™care.

Despite the above, I have repeatedly heard everyone from Chuck Todd (obviously) to Dana Bash lament that neither party worked with the other. Thatā€™s just asinine. One side made every attempt to include the other, the other side then went out of itā€™s way to exclude. These things are not the same. One is not like the other. If I repeatedly invite you to help with a project and you decline, itā€™s just not the same as you refusing to include me and declining my help when I repeatedly offer it. The both of us didnā€™t go it alone, you refused to work with me.

Also, letā€™s not revise history by forgetting that the Republicans on 1/20/09 decided their strategy going forward was to blindly oppose the new president, to say ā€œnoā€ at every turn. Whether it was in 2009/10 or now, they decided they werenā€™t going to work with Democrats, yet somehow the media has cast it as each side refusing to work with the other. And this is Reason #87,192 Why We Canā€™t Have Nice things.

15 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available