Discussion: An Even Better Deal? Dems Unveil New Midterm Slogan After First One Tanked

Or maybe: “Who’s Better Off Now?”

(Optional: “Not You, Suckas.”)

Another option: “How’s That Coal Job Coming?”

4 Likes

It’s not the economy, stupid.

1 Like

Or maybe Make America Sane Again. I think I heard one of Bill Maher’s guests suggest that one. I think it’s brilliant, but the powers that choose these things probably think it’s too insulting to the trump base or something.

3 Likes

I’d be good with “Put Sanity In Charge” too. :expressionless:

2 Likes

Or perhaps “Better off… NOT!!”

1 Like

I am with you on that one. More mainstream than what I proposed, but gets to the point.

Not having a consensus face of the party is why Republicans were so utterly trounced at the polls in the 2010 midterms.

(many people are saying)

2 Likes

Heck, I could even get behind “Drain His Swamp” (or “Drain Trump’s Swamp”).

1 Like

The problem with this is that “sanity” sound to much like “Hannity” and people in bubbles only hear what they want to hear…

2 Likes

It’s the slogan of a national personal injury law firm that also owns the forthepeople.com domain and the @forthepeople Twitter handle, and that advertises nationally on TV and on other things with “for the people.” Freaking incompetence. And stop with announcing the stupid new slogans, run on issues.

3 Likes

Someone with better marketing bona fides than I could rework this, but I’d like to see someone make the case for a “Workers’ Bill of Rights in a globalizing world,” to include universal basic health care, assistance with moving expenses for people to go where the new jobs are, portable pensions and something along the lines of a basic income for people who are older and automated or obsoleted out of their jobs. How we would do this is echelons above my pay grade, but these or similar solutions would make life a lot more secure for people…and a secure America seems to be a more tolerant America.

3 Likes

Screw the marketing and slogans (though “For the People” is a good line). We all know Democrats are much better at governing than they are marketing, as they should be. How about we do the marketing for them so that they can concentrate on the governing?

I think Trumpster actually said “Better off not now”.

1 Like

Make Trump the opponent in every race and no slogan will be needed.

Hmm. How about:
“Before it’s too late”

2 Likes

The slogan needs to be positive going forward. “For the People” is an excellent start.

2 Likes

Ahh, screw that namby-pamby positive stuff. I say the slogan should be BETTER OFF DEAD! The way he’s buggering everything up, it’s all too true.

7 Likes

Yep and it can be used broadly towards the country at large or specifically to a local community, depending on who’s doing the talking and their intended audience. It’s a good line.

2 Likes

It works well enough for Florida’s largest law firm:

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available