Discussion: An Even Better Deal? Dems Unveil New Midterm Slogan After First One Tanked

How about “Help us LOCK HIM UP!!!” ??

5 Likes

“America First”. Nazi slogans seem to be in right now.

The slogan should be FUCK TRUMP… but if they feel the need to keep it clean they can just use “We’re with DiNiro”

1 Like

We just want justice.

1 Like

Of course, though, that was the rational for fascism.

I actually liked “A Better Deal.” “For the people” sounds vague to me. Dems panned “a better deal” because it’s part of their nature to rag on Dems. You know the old Will Rogers’ slogan: “I am not a member of any organized party. I’m a Democrat.”

2 Likes

I agree, but if you’re gonna roll with one, how about “We’re not the Treason Party” or “Vote for Reason, not Treason”?

2 Likes

Sure! Fight fire with fire. The fact that he’s actually committed crimes adds a citrusy zing the other side must, alas, do without. : (

1 Like

Two words: Dukakis

1 Like

OK look let’s get real here. These are not ordinary times and ordinary slogans are not called for. I’m unveiling a new one: BECAUSE, SERIOUSLY, FUCK THAT GUY. We have to say what we’re for, not just what we’re against, and we’re really, really for getting the fuck rid of that guy. This is a perfect slogan so let’s just get the merch printed and get it out there.

8 Likes

I’ve got one: “VOTE FOR IMPEACHMENT!”

That gets the message out loud and clear.

2 Likes

I like it too, but my spouse and I have a thing we say, when a coworker leaves or a new business is built nearby or the bus schedule gets a tweak: “Change is bad!!”

But the truth is that “change” is automatically anxiety-producing, even when it’s a good thing, even when it’s something we want. That’s something that the GOP and Trump in particular keyed in on, to our nation’s detriment.

Hi and welcome, @tobie! Hi and welcome, @wow! I notice you were both created in '13 and have made very few posts since then. Also you have short names. Sometimes having a short name can make a person shy or bashful and I’d like to encourage you to be less reticent. It’s a nice bunch here. Not fond of trolls, I’ll admit, but you can hardly blame us for that. Anyway hi, howdy, and speak up a little more, really. :smiley: Oh by the way your English is excellent.

6 Likes

I like it too. Now they need to live it.

Local, local, local.

Don’t waste your breath campaigning against orange Hitler. That’s Bullshit Boulevard, and its EXACTLY what he and his traitorous cronies want.

Campaign For the People — jobs, healthcare, national security, student loans, regional concerns. You know — act like public servants, and in doing so, reveal the GOP/NRA for what it is - a bunch of traitorous oligarchs living in Putin’s pants.

Get going!!!

4 Likes

Dem reply to the R slogan should be: “you’re better off dead.”

Yeah seriously…created in '13 or '14, suddenly activated recently – I’ve noticed that pattern with some other unfamiliar posters too.

1 Like

I wish somebody would just banish the word ‘deal’ from the English language. Banish it for all eternity. The Fake President ruined that word for me a long time ago.

I agree. If you’re a stalwart Dem you like it because it hearkens back to FDR, but Drumpf has shat all over a noble legacy, just as he has shat all over so much else.

1 Like

Insert “American” before workers and lose the globalizing world part. Otherwise it sounds like good old fashioned communism. Also, it sets up an inherent conflict between workers and globalization, and we know where that has landed us.

Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security, and eventually the ACA were all designed to do what your program suggests. Of course in each instance the reactionary/GOP forces have defanged the programs as much as possible. LBJ era “Great Society” was actually pretty good. It both appealed to the better angels of our nature and served as a reminder that we’re all in this together.

1 Like

Sleeping until 11:00 only to awaken to a living room full of cats and empty beer bottles kinda blunts your enthusiasm for opening the laptop.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available