Discussion: AZ GOP Senate Hopeful At Gun Control Forum Talks About Shooting His Mother

This gentleman is understandably unwell.

12 Likes

Lead poisoning. That’s the only answer to this bad brain.

1 Like

So, guys - who’re you going to believe? Sane, functional, non-scary people or some dude who blew his mother away in (supposed) self-defense as a shill for the NRA? Non starter, amirite? SMH!

13 Likes

Bobby Wilson needed serious help then and he still does. What he doesn’t need is to be elected into the Arizona Senate.

18 Likes

What better way to win over a Moms Against Gun Violence audience than telling them a story about plugging your mom? Sounds like a winner to me.

16 Likes

“That’s the only time I’ve ever been in that situation, and I hope it’s the last time,” he said.

Probably won’t be a problem again. You only have one mother, usually. Or had, as the case may be.

22 Likes

The hodge-podge of rationalizations they use are contradictory and they can’t even see it.

When faced with the statement that the murder rate would go down if guns were not legal, as in England, a very common retort from NRA types is that it doesn’t matter: if someone wants to kill you they’ll just do it another way.

OK, let’s take them at their word: if Wilson’s mom didn’t have access to a gun she would have tried to kill him some other way. But by that same logic, Wilson didn’t need a gun to defend himself – if he really wanted to live, he would have found some other way to kill his mother.

The fact is, no matter what means of self defense I have available to me, I’d rather face a bad guy with a knife than a bad guy with a gun, and the NRA does nothing to reduce that probability, in fact they do the opposite.

11 Likes

Speaking of rationalisations, my 81 year-old Dad’s new 69 year-old wife told me why she carries a gun: long ago, she stopped at a highway rest area, alone at night, and was grabbed in an arm-hold by a man who jumped out of the shadows near the restroom door. She said she had no self-defense training but somehow instinctively stomped on the guys instep, which caused him to release his grip on her, then she punched him in the groin, which sent him running. Already in a tense but respectful conversation with this new member of my family, I didn’t point up the yawning chasm in her reasoning: she, untrained and unprepared, defended herself perfectly well without a gun.

21 Likes

Ummmm…I’m gonna go out on a limb here and predict this guy isn’t gonna get elected.

(Lordy, this guy is seriously delusional on a variety of levels.)

8 Likes

I’m guessing him foolishly telling his “story” will backfire, thusly: despite being apparently litigated twice, today’s internet sleuths will turn up evidence long buried and assemble a new and more accurate account of the circumstances, one which will show him to be something other than the innocent victim he so arrogantly portrays himself to be.

6 Likes

My Stupid State:

Mr. Traffic Regs Scofflaw:

Arizona, first in stupid.

17 Likes

Maybe it’s the dry heat that gets to them but I’m thinking an IQ and sanity evaluation needs to be a requirement for office in Arizona.

1 Like

I live in AZ and there’s a substantial non-zero probability that you are very wrong about this.

16 Likes

Don’t be so sure. Arpaio served 24 years after being relected several times.

11 Likes

Arizona: Putting the AZ back in crAZy.

Or was it nAZi?

Hard to tell sometimes.

5 Likes

this guy is an absolute train wreck. oops. i take that back.

1 Like

Wilson said he never confessed to anything at the time because he had amnesia and didn’t remember what happened for many years.

Amnesia… a Republican syndrome, have you noticed?

2 Likes

He says his mother was “insane” and shot at him with a rifle when he was in bed in their Oklahoma farmhouse one night in 1963.
It looks like insanity runs in the family.

1 Like
3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available