Discussion: Clinton: 'I Would Have Won' But For Comey, Russia, Voter Suppression

1 Like

Coulda, shoulda, woulda. I fully agree with her viewpoint, but whatā€™s done is done.

We need to ALL work together to stop the ChristoRussianFascist regime taking over this country.

15 Likes

ā€œand welcome to the ā€˜Goldilocksā€™ version of the official DNC autopsy. The show will begin after these ā€˜messagesā€™ā€

5 Likes

You still here?

1 Like

Sheā€™s right, of course but it serves no purpose making speeches about it. In fact, it reinforces some of the silly rightwing stereotypes of progressives. Better to strike Trump in the throat with a clinched fist and grab him by the balls the next time you see him. That the rightwing understands and respects.

6 Likes

RW scum will always have stereotypes of liberals whether we make speeches about their scumbaggery or not.

And thereā€™s no way that Dems can move forward and try to rectify the damage done if the the racism, misogyny and RW scumbaggery arenā€™t acknowledged. It serves no purpose to ā€œlet it go.ā€

21 Likes

She didnā€™t make a speech about it. She was interviewed.

19 Likes

Itā€™s not a speech, itā€™s quotes from an interview. An interview with a person at the center of what we are now calling ā€œbigger than Watergateā€. Seems relevant and worthwhile.

22 Likes

Since Hillary Clinton isnā€™t going to run again for President, itā€™s not really all that important she be particularly introspective or globally analytical about all the factors (not just some) that led to her loss to Donald J. Trump. But the DNC and whoever hopes to be the next Democratic President will need to engage in such study and reflection.

9 Likes

Oh Hillary, please donā€™t go down this roadā€¦

Letā€™s be honest - you would have won if this country wasnā€™t overflowing with ignorant, gullible, hate-filled RWNJs and spoiled ā€œshe needs to earn my vote!ā€ brats.

But seriously, letā€™s not relitigate last November. Letā€™s put our energy into figuring out how to re-engage and re-energize voters. The Deplorables are irredeemable but there are plenty of others who just need a shove.

16 Likes

Two points:

(1) Misogyny MUST be added to the list of factors that put Donald Trump in the White House. (And, I must add, not all that misogyny came from Republicans.)

(2) Rebecca Traisterā€™s ā€œNew Yorkā€ magazine piece is a must-read.

14 Likes

She absolutely should be mad! I donā€™t really know what her best move is, though. Just bitching probably isnā€™t it. But I donā€™t have simple advice for her either! Comey was way out of line, but itā€™s unsatisfying to merely note that truth!

2 Likes

Iā€™m not saying we should ā€œrelitigateā€ the election at all. But Iā€™m still not seeing a lot of Dems really understand what happened on Nov. 8th. If we donā€™t honestly look at why Clinton lost and who didnā€™t understand what was happening, I donā€™t see how we can re-engage voters.

For ex., I agree the Deplorables are gone. But, if someone treated a binary, Presidential election such as we had like a midterm, what are we going to say to them? The Dem base AND The Resistance is primarily women in general and many women of color. How do they just move on? How do they fit in vis a vis a new Democratic base? If non voters didnā€™t think voting in 2016 was worthwhile, by the time we get to 2020, theyā€™re not going even recognize this country.

12 Likes

Good for her for calling out all this shit. The time for being quiet and politely just letting bygones be bygones is past. Most people have been saying any old shit about her - before and after the election, whether she says anything or not. She rests after campaigning for nearly two years was met with OMG sheā€™s hiding in the woods! She makes a comment here and there and people want her to either shut up or swear she will never run for office again. In the meantime people have carte blanche to tell us what she is thinking and blaming her for shit she had no control over. Trump said the meanest, nastiest, shittiest things during campaign and STILL got elected. Perhaps she feels she really has nothing left to lose and will give her side of what happened - and a big fuck off to all those that want her to just sit still and stay quiet.

Good. It was a long time coming and Iā€™m glad she is speaking out and laying it all on the table at this point. Because sheā€™s damned if she does, damned if she doesnā€™t.

And maybe at this point she doesnā€™t give a damn.

25 Likes

We need to ALL work together to stop the ChristoRussianFascist regime taking over this country.

Yes we do. So Iā€™ll tell her for you -STFU lady! We have more important issues at hand, issues, some of which resulted from your own blunderings. So leave us be, go whine on Billā€™s shoulder or lick your wounds and get back on the trail and spread the message like Bernieā€™s doing right now.

5 Likes

Throw in the Electoral College and her view cannot be disputed.

7 Likes

Donald Drumpf got elected because heā€™s NOT-BARACK-OBAMA. Heā€™s the antidote to what the right wing and white power class view as an unimaginably horrific aberration in the universal law of ā€œhow things should beā€: A black man became president. That simply cannot be. Itā€™s understood. To the RW, the USA is a white, christianist, capitalist, male-centric world meant only to serve the pleasures and exploits of the 1%. Black men SERVE the white man. Black men GENUFLECT to the white man. Black men DO NOT GOVERN the white man. The backlash (or better yet, blacklash) was so reflexive, so vicious and mindless that a serial adulterer, fraudster, liar, nearly illiterate baboon is now POTUS. But, heā€™s white (and rich). The universe makes sense to conservatives now. In their little minds, Scarlett and Rhett are back at Tara and the uppity help is again relegated to the appropriate quarters. Now, they can get about the business of robbing the poor and denying health care to the sick and needy. Praise! Glory!

6 Likes

Hear hearā€¦

13 Likes

ā€œOnce I moved from serving someone ā€” a man, the president ā€” to seeking that job on my own, I was once again vulnerable to the barrage of innuendo and negativity and attacks that come with the territory of a woman who is striving to go further,ā€ she said, noting that her approval rating had been 69 percent as secretary of state in the Obama administration.

This is what I remind some of my fellow liberals of when they tell me things like ā€œHillary was a TERRIBLE candidate and a terrible choice.ā€

A woman who was First Lady, a successful senator from the state of New York, and a successful Secretary of State, with an approval rating hovering right around 70% before she announced her candidacy is a ā€œterribleā€ candidate? In WHAT FUCKING WORLD!?!?!

Obama was right when he said she was the most qualified person to EVER run for the presidency. But, obviously, that wasnā€™t good enough.

Also, this ā€œterribleā€ candidate won the popular vote by 3 million!

But fuck all that shit. She was a stupid cunt who was mean to Bernie and gave some speeches to Wall Street, so fuck her.

(The Wall Street speeches thing always sticks in my fuckin craw too. Here you have an organization PAYING someone influentialā€¦TO INFLUENCE them. ā€œHey, Mrs. Influential Figure, would you like to come speak to my employees aboutā€¦whatever your favorite crusade is? Weā€™ll give you a lot of money for doing so.ā€ ā€œShit. All right. Sure.ā€ But nope. According to the hard left loons, that was just one fucking toke too far over the line.)

17 Likes

Itā€™s great youā€™re included with the cover charge.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available