Discussion: Clinton: 'I Would Have Won' But For Comey, Russia, Voter Suppression

So far, the Berniacs can only claim one victory and that’s Pellegrino out on Long Island.

And so far, you can claim one loss. But I won’t go there now.

2 Likes

“In history”? Really?

Nonsense. There have been many Democratic candidates that have been equally or better qualified as her in the last several decades. Some won the nominations, and some didn’t.

Obama was a much better strategist than Hillary could ever be. John Kerry had more years in the Senate and equally good FP experience. Al Gore was much more qualified after being VP for 8 years. Joe Biden, too, even before being VP.

Only the Kool Aid drinkers swallow the hype that she was the most-qualified candidate ever. That’s because they don’t bother to think.

1 Like

can i give 2 likes to your comment?

Are you fucking kidding me?

1. She was Secretary of State. Only one person in the whole fucking world has that fucking job. And the last THREE also decided they needed a private email server to do it. Who the fuck are YOU to say it wasn’t something necessary?

2. Trump STILL runs a fucking pay-to-play scheme. Several of them. And they are ACTUAL pay-to-play schemes. But JUST THE APPEARANCE of impropriety is disqualifying for Hillary? Fuck you, dude.

3. She spent WAYYYYY more money on those battleground states than Trump. She had a ground-game unmatched by even Obama’s. She just happened to be up against a candidate, for the first time in history, who didn’t NEED any of that. One who sucked up every ounce of oxygen in the media. Instead of SHOWING Mrs. Clinton’s speeches, networks ran with AN EMPTY FUCKING PODIUM where Trump was GOING TO BE speaking. What the fuck?

4. To this one, I just gotta say “Fuck you.” She had mountains of reasons for running for president, but you obviously didn’t bother looking for it. They were listed extensively on her website and in her speeches, in advertisements and articles, and internet videos. The ONLY TIME her speeches were covered by the press was when she was going to speak about Trump. It’s all the press wanted to hear. And obviously, it was all you wanted to hear, too.

Now, about her going away: Who the fuck are you? Go back to beating your wife or fucking your sister or whatever it is you do when you’re not being a douche on the internet.

30 Likes

Hillary is the face of our fight against the Russia backed, fascist fraud in the white house. She represented us, all the women who have suffered from misogyny in our culture, all the people who have suffered from the injustice in our society(victims of gun owning paranoia, victims of bigotry, sexism, fraud, corporate power. She is our voice. She lost to a culture engulfed with hate after years of listening to bigotry on FOX, watching their misogyny, blaming victims… Plus the collusion with the Russians by the fraud in white house, the injustice from the sexist FBI director. We will not dismiss her now. Not after all she has done, not after all she has been through. To dismiss her is to dismiss her followers.

22 Likes

just a note. 53% of white women voters voted for the gasbag trump.

5 Likes

Yes, and:

Maybe if you hadn’t done State Department and Government business on your own private email server…

So she had a server in her basement. Don’t you? I mean, doesn’t everyone?

Maybe if you did not run the Clinton Foundation like a pay-for-play scheme…

She was Russian-connected before it was cool.

Maybe if you spent more time, money, and attention in battleground states instead of blue states…

Why? Just b/c her husband and Obama did when winning two terms each?

Maybe if actually had a reason for running for President other than thinking you were entitled to it…

I have no answer for that.

Thank you for your service, now please go away, Hillary.

So you know, she’s NOT going away. Reminds me of Tammy Fay Baker and the mascara.

2 Likes

Well there goes the neighborhood for the weekend.

5 Likes

Good comment, and that really does hurt!

I’m not in any way “dismissing” her, or her followers, of which I am one. But bemoaning the loss without re-grouping for the upcoming elections is a recipe for continuing disaster. From what I can see, the Drumpf Crime Family will go down in flames, which will just be “conspiracy” fuel to the deplorables. Donnie will be a friggin’ orange martyr…

2 Likes

Clarification time

Does Clinton have a right to argue that she was robbed? Yes.

However she needs to get asked what she would have done differently from October 28th to November 8th.

The upcoming DNC autopsy cant have a cover photo of Vladimir Putin and a tag of ‘I waz robbed’. If the committee does that, then they need to explain how an electorate bought into that.

Cyber security, voter suppression and candidate acceptance needs to be addressed in the upcoming report, because Sanders supporters need to realize that all of that Fabian b.s. from last year ait translating well and its not just the DCCC’s fault.

10 Likes

Your last comment isn’t at all sexist, is it? Just parodying the sexism which we now know was an overriding factor in the election. For example, she LOST support among women when she creamed Trump in the 2nd debate.
At least she didn’t lose an educated voter when she lost you.

8 Likes

Republicans can’t win on policy, nor can they win with their existing likely voters. They HAVE to play unfair to win. That’s why they heavily gerrymander districts, why they suppress non-conservative voting blocs, why the obstruct and why they manipulate a willing political press into treating governing and politcs as sport. They bully and cheat because it’s all they know. Not sure how Democrats can win that game other than continue to push to get out the vote.

4 Likes

She represented us, all the women who have suffered from misogyny in our culture, all the people who have suffered from the injustice in our society(victims of gun owning paranoia, victims of bigotry, sexism, fraud, corporate power.

Perfectly put. The reason why Clinton’s followers are predominately (not all) women and PoC is because we saw the unrelenting, vicious sh*t she had to go through and STILL fight on. To tell her to go away, is to tell the current Democratic base to go away but, oh yeah, come back when we need you because we’re “stronger together.”

Until we’re not. And then we can go away until we’re needed again.

14 Likes

Don’t you think that people’s motivations can be crystallized around a “never again” feeling? I do, and that’s why I think there’s no problem with Democrats loudly and repeatedly claiming she was robbed. Trump is not legitimate, and Democrats shouldn’t pretend he is.

12 Likes

could you be a little more definitive? thanks. i was too pissed off to respond as i should have. may the 40,000 headman chase the whiners in their dreams.

Hillary supporters are the nicest group of people…

Before you blame me, perhaps you should read the book “Shattered: Inside Hillary Clinton’s Doomed Campaign” to understand what the people inside her campaign are saying happened. And those are her friends.

But bemoaning the loss without re-grouping for the upcoming elections is a recipe for continuing disaster.

You’re not understanding.

“Re-grouping” isn’t really going to happen until liberals acknowledge what went wrong and where we are now. The details of her loss are important to understand or we’re right back to where we were. We’ve got to sort out a couple of things before 2018.

There won’t be any coming together until that happens.

3 Likes

I can fully embrace that approach, but only marching in lockstep with developing, funding, and implementing viable strategies on getting non-GOP voters out to the polls.

WE, the intelligent, know HRC got robbed. The deplorables think she got her just desserts, and don’t care how embedded Putin was.

1 Like

Since I’m not “understanding”, respectfully, what is your solution for coming together?

IMHO, it won’t be with any of the folks who were trying for the 2016 Dem POTUS slot.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available