Discussion: Corker: Republican Base's Support For Trump Is 'Tribal In Nature'

2 Likes

Corker’s gigantic hypocrisy on promising to never vote for deficits vs voting for the latest tax bill that gave real estate investors EXACTLY LIKE HIM huge tax breaks makes him somebody to ignore for all time…even if you agree with him every now and then.

22 Likes

You created the base.

22 Likes

because they are just like him. hateful Mendacious, selfish, unread, monsters. its in their DNA. born the way and they got their man. ghouls

9 Likes

A base you helped create. Coward

16 Likes

No shit Sherlock…

9 Likes

You might even say…You Built That.

17 Likes

I always suspected Tonto was up to no good.

2 Likes

Totally. The comprehensive, systematic “othering” of any meaningful opposition took many years of diligent effort, and Corker was a participant when he thought it served him. He may be surprised at how successful that was with low-information conservative voters, especially now that they’ve gone off-leash, but the existence of the phenomenon is hardly surprising, whatever he may claim.

16 Likes

“People who tell me, who are out on trail, say, look, people don’t ask about issues anymore. They don’t care about issues,” he added. “They want to know if you’re with Trump or not.”

The legitimate discussion and debate of complex issues is beyond the interest level and attention span of most voters. When self proclaimed issues people like Corker vote in sync with the idiocy of DT the vast majority of time they make it easy for their base to substitute personality for policy because in practice there is no difference.

6 Likes

What a sanctimonious SOB…

You and your craven GOP cohorts are the leaders of the Fox tribe of deplorables…

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Fox_(tribe)

8 Likes

“The President is, as you know — you’ve seen his numbers among the Republican base — it’s very strong. It’s more than strong, it’s tribal in nature.”

The White tribe.

25 Likes

Fed and bred

2 Likes

There’s a stormfront moving in.

5 Likes

Short Corker = Fucking Evangelicals

6 Likes

What no American Flag?

2 Likes

Corker–for whom I hold no brief or sympathy–is going to get lambasted for this: his own personal “Deplorables” moment.

5 Likes

If only there was some way Corker himself could bring up and discuss issues with his base, helping them out of their comfort zone. But he didn’t care to do so when it could have mattered, and now has to retire because of his cowardice.

Leaders lead, Senator Corker. They actually try to influence people toward a position direction. You chose not to do so.

8 Likes

Do tell…first I have heard of the traitor tribe…

2 Likes

Trump may have lit the match on tribalism, but you helped pour the gasoline.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available