Discussion: Corker: Republican Base's Support For Trump Is 'Tribal In Nature'

Bobstor Corkenstein.

6 Likes

Jesus. And is water wet, oh sage one?

3 Likes

You mean Tribal like this
Go Fuck yourself . Short memory - you own those people

13 Likes

When yer party claimed the first black prez was from Africa ā€¦what policy questions did that involve exactly ?

17 Likes

ā€œThey donā€™t care about issuesā€¦ā€

Nor do they understand them.

5 Likes

Primatologists have written about this at length.

5 Likes

The tribe needs to drown in the blue wave.

5 Likes

Immigration from shithole countries?

5 Likes

Yup. Perhaps the best way to analyze the modern GOP is from the standpoint of ethology and not political philosophy.

3 Likes

He was OK with it . The google is not his friend
From 2009

MATTHEWS: So do you think itā€™s legitimate to raise questions about whether heā€™s a native-born American or not? Is that a legitimate point?

CORKER: Well, look, you know, thatā€™s-here-you know, in this country, that is whatā€™s great about it, people have the ability to raise anything they wish. They have the ability to go to court and try to pursue it. I think thatā€™s great.

6 Likes

Lardy har harā€¦

3 Likes

Thatā€™s CorkONSteenā€¦

3 Likes

A quick glance had me misreading your post. I thought it said the best way to modernize the GOP was through euthanasia.

I like my garbled take better.

5 Likes

What ever gave Sen. Corky that impression?

Gang or club? Cult or tribe? Itā€™s all the same in Trumplandia.

4 Likes

Corker, yā€™all created this tribal base through gerrymandering the fuck out of America. You created an extreme ratwing minority and now it is going to eat you all up.

7 Likes

THIS is exactly how Republicans like Corker tried to have it both ways. They didnā€™t want to be seen as birthers, but they wanted to damage Obamaā€™s legitimacy and saw this as a way of doing it. They let the Tea Party types do the dirty work, while they played coy when asked questions about where they stood on the issue.

Corker is too patrician to get his hands dirty. He found his voice with tRump now that he is retiring with a tax break in hand. Jeff Flake is the same- vote with tRump while publicly criticizing him.

11 Likes

Re: the ā€œyou created that baseā€ comments ā€“ Iā€™m glad this video is still up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqEf4Xc2lFI

6 Likes

ā€œLard Ho!ā€
ā€” Horatio Peter McCallister, more known simply as the Sea Captain

3 Likes

Who was it that ran the rather racist ā€œcall meā€ ad against Harold Ford? Oh, yeah, that was Bob Corker.

12 Likes

Iā€™d phrase it more as primal, as in primitive.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available